Recent content by rjboykin

1. R

New Sink P Trap Kit Won't Fit with Old P Trap

I definitely wanted to try and save some money and calling out a plumber, they charge me $50 just to look at it before anything is done. Does anyone sell just the sink drain pipe in 1 1/2, maybe I can just get that and and we're good to go, is that right?
  2. R

New Sink P Trap Kit Won't Fit with Old P Trap

I am remodeling our bathroom and yesterday I with out and got a new sink and faucet. The drain pipes from the new sink are 1 1/4 and the old drain pipe is slightly bigger at 1 1/2. I went our yesterday and purchased a 1 1/4 P Trap kit with a plastic rub ring that slides up the sink drain pump...
  3. R

Tub Spout w/Backsplash - Need Help!

I will try another spout. The diverter gate repair kit, it that something that require knock some of my tile out to repair?
  4. R

Tub Spout w/Backsplash - Need Help!

I'm not sure if I'm using the correct terminology but I will give it a shot. I've been working on remodeling my bathroom and I am close to being finished. I'm now at the point of changing out the old tub spout for the new one. The copper pipe sticks out and has no threads. So I need the slip-on...
  5. R

Shower Head/Spout Leaks after remodel

Can you just sand down an rough edges, if so, what type of sand paper? Now I just need for figure out a solution for my Shower Trim not fitting flush to the wall without cutting out all my hard work.
  6. R

Bathtub caulking problems

I'm not a pro. I have only caulked both my tubs, each time I used the GE 100% Silicon II and have never had an issue after hundreds of showers. I picked it up at HD.
  7. R

Gotcha, my apologies for making this more confusing then it probably should be. The copper pipe for the spout is round but with no threads. I used a white plastic item that just slide on the copper pipe and tighten it at the base with a hex screw. At the end of the white plastic item it has...
  8. R

I'm confused. Nothing with the valve or pipes behind the wall have changed. All I did was put up new tile, failing to cut a big enough hole for the back extension to fit flush. Then I just change the spout to a different finish. So nothing has changed and there where no issues before, just ugly...
  9. R

Again, thanks for replying. It touches and I have screwed it in and it is tightly secured, but it's about 1/2 inch gap between the tiled wall and the face plate because of the little round extension on the back of the plate. I have not tried it, but I have the feeling that it's too big of a gap...
  10. R

Thanks! I will see if there is anything we can do to feel the space, while making it look good. It's too big of a gap in my opinion to just caulk because it would just fall right down. I will see what I can do. As for the spout. I will check out the o-ring, etc. Worst case I will just get...
  11. R

Redwood, Thanks for the reply. The spout is brand new. We replaced it during our remodel. The old spout did not have this issue, now I put on the brand new one and the issue comes up, nothing changed and it's the same spout but newer looking. From your expert opinion, what damage if any...
  12. R

First time DIY'er and I have a few questions that I hope you can help with. My wife and I just finished remodeling our shower and put in a new spout and shower head. We made no changes to the pipes. I screwed on the new spout until it was tight, with the white tape around the threads, same for...
  13. R

Toilet Flange

I don't mean to hijack this thread but I have question in relation to the Toilet Flange. I took out the old ceramic tile and backer board that was previously install. The floor is cement slab so i was just going to put the new title right over the slab, so should the tile be install under the...
  14. R

HELP! Trying to change Old Price Pfister Avante

Thanks, I will try to see if I can find one. I was at Lowes last night for something else and stopped by the plumbing section and notice they had universal single unit handles. I wasn't sure if that would do it so I didn't buy it. I will look for the adapter, hopefully I can Google it. Thanks...
  15. R

HELP! Trying to change Old Price Pfister Avante

Thanks for the quick response. I was hoping I could use the new Price Pfister, same manufacture, kits. Maybe for now I can find a trim kit that fits it. I'm not experienced with changing it all out, and I don't have the money to pay a plumber to do it.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks