Recent content by rihorton

1. rihorton

It's Horton about GE or Whirpool

thanks for info, i just finished installing the GE Larger capacity water filter, had to get the more dense filter for it because the water had red tinit that was coming through the paper filter. I also installed a new 40-60 pump switch, so now have great water pressure and water is clear. Here...
  2. rihorton

Thanks for advice, i am going to get my water retested as you suggested. What i have a hard time telling about the red residue in the bottom of my toilets, or the red something that clogs up the in line whole house filter after a few weeks, is what it really is. I changed the filter in it last...
  3. rihorton

Thanks I do not have a clear black line, I plan on trying to install the large ge whole house filter that uses the larger filters until i can get my water tested and hope it will help clear up the water a little better or least not have to be changed so often. I will be working out of town for...
  4. rihorton

Thanks, i agree, does anyone know of a good way to know if the red is iron, iron bacteria, or sediment, i know the dirt around here is mostly a red clay type work and all of my problems started about 10 years ago when a larger central storage tank was put in for a development up the road from...
  5. rihorton

have red stains not sure if i really need one, going to have my water tested again, for some reason i am not sure that the plumbing company that i went to did not get my test sample confused with a couple of others. I have a whole house cartridge filter that gets clogged up only after about a...
  6. rihorton

apologize for having to repost with different user name, but tried and tried to log on, even created a new account a couple of times in order to try and respond to post about my question about ge or whirlpool that you buy at lowes. Here is my water test result from feb of 2010, right after...
  7. rihorton

ge softner or whirlpool

thanks for the reply, they are both about 575 each, which to me is not very cheap, how much should a water softner of this size cost, and what brands would be recommended? Neighbor has the whirlpool, had it for about 4 years and he said it still works great, another neighbor that I talked to up...
  8. rihorton

ge softner or whirlpool

looking at these two softners, one from lowes the other is at home depot, anyone had any experience with these. Whirlpool WHES404, 40000 grain water softner Ge GXSF40H, 40000 grain water softner thanks
  9. rihorton

Iron problems in water

http://www.water-softeners-filters.com/rffe20bb-iron-filter-cartridge.html just did a search and saw this, have any idea how long it would take before you would have to change it? I know its not as good as a self cleaning type, but the city has extended the water to about a 1/2 mile from my...
  10. rihorton

Iron problems in water

Thanks, going to go to lowes when i get back home and get one of the water test kits they have. If I remember correctly, I took my water test sample from my kitchen sink which is after the whole house cartridge filter that I have. In the big blue like what you poste, do you know which filter...
  11. rihorton

Iron problems in water

Thanks for advice, I have seen some big blue cartridge type filters at Lowes. Would this be what you are referring to? What kind of filter are the folks you know using? What i have would be referred to as a standard size cartridge filter.
  12. rihorton

Iron problems in water

I went to the local plumbing supply and got a kit to send off a sample of my water and it was sent to CUNO and the results came back as Iron .28 PPM. The questions about the on/off time was something that I asked because I was curious about how often you would expect to hear the pump cycle...
  13. rihorton

Iron problems in water

Thanks for reply, I thought it was as well, but now only using a cheap chartridge filter that I got at Lowes since doing the chlorine shock treatment, and after using it yesterday and even watering a area about 150 ft long and 8 ft wide for about and hour with the cartridge filter in, the filter...
  14. rihorton

Iron problems in water

Oh man, this site is great, i making sure she has a good supply of them before I leave and have taught her how to replace them, actually she changes it every week, i learned that it may be best that she know how, just so the old plumber want have a chance to service anything while I am gone...
  15. rihorton

Iron problems in water

Just a note, was talking to my neighbor up the road this morning, who is a retired plumber and he was impressed that I could now run a glass with water and the filter I have on is not a red tent, just from doing a chlorine shock to the well, he kept saying that putting the chlorine tablets in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks