Recent content by rgsgww

1. rgsgww

Do we need Gun control YET?

Outlawing guns will not do much. They will just get them illegally.
  2. rgsgww

Static interference from flourescent lights.

It could be getting through the power...is the radio powered by cord? If so, is it on the same circuit as the fixtures? If not, it may be pretty difficult to get rid of the rfi. With tv antennas, I just make a braid breaker...but thats another frequency.
  3. rgsgww

4 way switch

You can use the red wire or black wire for the returning switched power, not the white. The white can only be marked and used as a supply conductor. As defined in 200.7(C)(2) 200.7(C)(2) Where a cable assembly contains an insulated conductor for single pole, 3-way or 4-way switch loops and...
  4. rgsgww

4 way switch

My understanding of section 200.7(C)(2) is that the white,gray, or marking of three continuous white stripes on a conductor, the conductor must be used for the supply, not the return. Using it as the supply means that it must be permanently marked with paint or other means. My image was...
  5. rgsgww

4 way switch

This is one way you could do it...It might not work in your situation....
  6. rgsgww

The picture says it all!

LOL, I should have had a camera with me, I was in South Dakota in a gas station...the wiring was really bad...like three sub panels in a probably 2x2 closet. No covers, wiring going into the box by not even passing through the kos.
  7. rgsgww

gfci won't reset, dead line wires, lights on breaker still work

Could be a cut off line...one time I found an "extra" ROMEX® in a box, I had to remove the box anyways because the bx was burned up. When I went into the attic I found a taped up ROMEX®. It was live.
  8. rgsgww

Break up the walls or not

One of those black and decker books said to mark the red wire as ground for an isolated ground circuit.
  9. rgsgww

GFCI will not reset.

Please start a new thread. I also think that a bad connection burned up. But you should check for any other gfis on that circuit. Maybe you have a gfi breaker?
  10. rgsgww

GFCI will not reset.

I think a bad connection has burned up, what you need to do is turn off power to that circuit and check each box starting from your panel. Hopefully there isn't a box in the crawl space or attic, or even in the walls.
  11. rgsgww

Break up the walls or not

You don't necessarily have to break up the walls, with enough patience and time, you may be able to fish and install new boxes.
  12. rgsgww

Can I use 10/2 cable on a regular 12 or 20amp circuit?

The next idiot may tap off the service conductors, how am I suppose to prevent that? :D
  13. rgsgww

Bag For a Riding Mower

I bet they wouldn't know what a screw driver is.
  14. rgsgww

Xantrex DR 2412

I found one. http://sunelec.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_21&products_id=96
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks