Recent content by Resolaru

1. Resolaru

Rotten Egg smell when washer runs

Btw, what is the consensus -is it better to use a drum trap or P trap here? I was told in the past to use a drum trap for cases where water flow is strong (like washer and maybe a shower). Is this not the case?
  2. Resolaru

Thanks everyone. Smooky, now I understand. I didn't even think of that, but I'm sure that could be the problem. Makes total sense now, since the pipe is "dropping" back down into the other pipe. As far as my front loader goes, we always leave the door open and wipe the gasket. I don't...
  3. Resolaru

Thank you, Terry & HJ. I don't quite understand. The vent (main stack) is only 2 feet away, so I thought this was ok (main stack is visible on the far left). Do I not need a drum trap and should replace with a standard trap? The line coming from the right comes from a laundry sink, which has...
  4. Resolaru

Over the past year or so, we have noticed a rotten egg (sewer) smell in our laundry area when the washing machine is running or has run. We have a Frigidaire side loader that we purchased new about 4 years ago. We never had a problem with it making a smell in the first 3 years. I'm 99% sure...
  5. Resolaru

Strange sound only from HOT water

Problem fixed! Just I wanted to follow up in case anyone else has this problem. A couple months ago, I ended up taking the shower diverter completely apart and out of the shower fixture. I dried it off, and carefully put it back together. I have had NO more jack hammering sounds since that...
  6. Resolaru

strange sound First, I want to thank you all for your input so far. I highly doubt it's a loose washer in a valve. As I said, all the plumbing in the house is new (3-4 years old). All the shutoffs are the good ball valve type. It does sound like a jack hammer sound, but from...
  7. Resolaru

I have a strange sound that only happens when the hot water is turned on. It started happening after I remodeled my upstairs bathroom with new faucets (new tub/shower diverter/fixtures and sink faucet). (I had previously done new copper piping to this bathrm about 3 years prior, but the sound...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks