Recent content by Renmtpdb

1. Renmtpdb

Replace powered vent hot water heater w/ direct powered vent

Thanks Reach. I connected with AO Smith and they advised against replacing a powered vent with direct powered vent. They claim the unit is “balanced for outside ambient air”. Still confused why inside ambient won’t work other than effecting the efficiency rating. Anyway, gonna follow their...
  2. Renmtpdb

Replace powered vent hot water heater w/ direct powered vent

Looking for advice. I’m replacing 2x 40 gal hot water heaters. Both are powered vent exhaust drawing room air for combustion. They are not in a confined space. Big basement with lots of room. Lowes delivered 2x 40 gal AO Smith with powered direct vent. This style is designed to draw supply...
  3. Renmtpdb

Double bowl vanity not draining

All...I appreciate the quick feedback. I’m a bit embarrassed by this but I actually dislodged a clog. I started thinking that before I pulled the vanity top I never taxed the drain with a high volume of water. I did this with the new sinks to test for leaks. This is when I found it drained...
  4. Renmtpdb

A clog is the only thing that makes sense. Not sure where it could have come from. I simply replaced the countertop and under mount sinks. Drain and vent were untouched. Thing drained fine before. There is access to the drain line from the basement. There is not a clean out. I can snake...
  5. Renmtpdb

Jadnashua...attached are the pics of the left and right drains. The vent stack rises vertically from the right and the primary drain drops vertically from the left. Hit reply too soon. Attached are two pics which hopefully clear things up.
  6. Renmtpdb

Reach4...absolutely. Left stopper pulled and water drains in bucket on right with P-trap removed. I fill the right sink, pull plug and water drains on left with P-trap removed.
  7. Renmtpdb

Looking for some advice. I just replaced a countertop and sinks on a double bowl bathroom vanity. The vent stack nor drain were touched. I hooked up the supply lines and reinstalled the p-traps. When testing for leaks I noticed the sinks draining normally at first and eventually slowing to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks