Recent content by renegade_00

1. R

Rosin-core solder and copper plumbing

I'm going to starto over, but I need to know how to get the valve body clean after removing the pipes. I will buy new copper fittings but I hope I can still use this faucet. This and the ball valves. Thanks again guys, I swear this is an unusual stroke of stupidity and I appreciate all your help.
  2. R

I didn't know it had lead in it. It's an old spool and It just says 40/60. I figured that was rosin to tin ratio. I don't know what the H I was thinking. Thanks guys.
  3. R

I guess what I'm wondering is if I should tear everything apart and start over? It's just a bath/shower and I won't be drinking from it, but I would have a concern for anyone who owns this home in the future. Will the rosin have any negative effect on the copper? Will the joints fail down the...
  4. R

Long story short, I plumbed a tub/shower faucet and supply from my basement all using 1/2" copper pipe and a brass faucet body. I used Kester 40/60 Rosin Core Solder because it seemed easier to me than using flux and the solid stuff. Anyways, now I'm having second thoughts about this and can't...
  5. R

Wolmanized (pressure-treated) Plywood inside residential areas?

My employer has a lot of scrap greenboard, wolmanized plywood, pressure-treated plywood, whatever you want to call it. I am retrofitting a vent fan into my bathroom and make some kind of bracing between the ceiling boards and would like to take advantage of this free wood. Also I would like to...
  6. R

Pex Quick-Disconnects

Well, I only did from the water heater to my sinks and such. I only have two sinks and a bathtub, so not alot of fittings needed. I guess I should have been more specific, too. I don't mean to ask if they CAN be covered up. I mean should they be reliable enough to cover up without concern of...
  7. R

Pex Quick-Disconnects

Hey all, To start things off, I'm 25 and just bought my first home, so please take it easy on me if I sound like a newbie. I own a single story ranch with an unfinished basement. I had hardly any hot water pressure, due to the corrosion and buildup inside the old galvanized pipes in the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks