Recent content by Renaissance Lady

1. Renaissance Lady

Vessel Sink, Concrete Deck and too short drain-Solutions???

That's what I feared. The concrete was poured about 6-7 weeks ago. It's not real green, but set enough that I am crossing my fingers. I have experience drilling into tile, about this size hole, but not concrete. Champagne tonight to celebrate, or cry. I'll post before and after pictures...
  2. Renaissance Lady

There's not enough room under the vessel sink for anything to secure the drain. Sorry :(
  3. Renaissance Lady

I have to drill a larger opening into the concrete that will allow the drain to be attached to the vessel sink, giving clearance under it so that it fits on the countertop, not above it by a half inch or more. That would require other fixes as well. This opening would also allow the threads to...
  4. Renaissance Lady

I understand that, but from now seeing it in person, there is not enough space under the vessel sink to attach the drain. I will have to drill a larger hole into the concrete c-top. I have a bit on order to complete this. Fingers crossed that it doesn't crack. SLOW and STEADY will be needed...
  5. Renaissance Lady

Terry, I didn't advise or purchase the faucet or vessel sink; the young man and his wife had, before I ever met them. I made the concrete c-top, with the holes formed into the pour. I have made concrete tops before, but in different applications and didn't think about the placing of the...
  6. Renaissance Lady

The pull-up drain that came with the faucet does have the overflow feature. The pop-up drain that was purchased separately did not. They wanted a pop-up style drain and weren't informed enough when they purchased it. But I want to be prepared when I go see the original drain in person tonight...
  7. Renaissance Lady

Nothing was provided by the plumber. The pop-up drain purchased without the overflow doesn't have enough threads to properly secure the drain. I'm going over to the young man's this evening to see of the original pull-up drain (which came with the faucet) can work. If it doesn't, I'm back to...
  8. Renaissance Lady

I can't post pics until later tonight. Trying to get some answers in the meantime.
  9. Renaissance Lady

Hey there Terry et al, Without paying about $150 for a solution, i'd like to find a fix. Here the background. I made a concrete c-top for a TINY 1/2 bath for the son of a friend. It's approx 1 1/4 to 1 3/8 deep, with a china vessel sink that sits on-top (2'' depth, with an overflow hole)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks