Recent content by redgreen

1. redgreen

Should I install a cleanout below toilet?

I thought that I posted this question last night but I don’t see it. If it’s a duplicate, sorry, please delete. I’m installing a new bathroom on main floor. The drain comes through the basement ceiling and I was going to install a 90 degree bend and then a 5 foot horizontal run...
  2. redgreen

Should I install a cleanout for new toilet drain installation?

The drain coming from the main floor toilet comes through the basement ceiling and I was going to just add a 90, then a 5 foot horizontal run before it will enter a san-tee that I will add to an existing vertical stack which goes to a second story bath. Instead of the 90 can I install a wye...
  3. redgreen

Need help with supply lines to bathroom

Thanks Terry. I could tee off of the 3/4 " cold pipe in the basement but I only have 1/2" coming off my water heater supplying the whole house. Is there any difference in pressure if I take the hot from the pipe going to the upstairs bath or at the supply from the water heater? I wouldn't...
  4. redgreen

Need help with supply lines to bathroom

First, thanks for a great site. I have been doing lots of reading these past few months and decided to tackle adding a main floor bathroom (sink, toilet and shower). I have almost completed all the D/W/V portion and will be starting the supply lines but I am a bit confused regarding sizing...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks