Recent content by Reader Review

1. Reader Review

Eljer-Valley pressure balance shower faucet

Bought this place and with the 1st shower the shower faucet will not completely shut the water off. I see a nylon cross that might turn to adjust the worn washer that is most likely leaking. Assume that I need to back off the first chrome collar that appears to screw on to the base mount where...
  2. Reader Review

Stealth toilet by Niagara, Niagra

We bought 2 of these, and we found out something very important. It only works well if you have space between the tank and the wall after installation. We put one in our downstairs bathroom which had zero space, and it would't flush solid waste at all. Everything required 2 flushes. We called...
  3. Reader Review

Old Champion toilet reviews, page 42893 starting from 2004

We recently installed an American Std Champion toilet. The flush is great, and we like it in every way EXCEPT that every few minutes, when it is not being used, water flows into the tank for a second or 2. Is the water leaking from the tank? How might we fix this problem -- it kind of negates...
  4. Reader Review

I purchased an American Standard Champion toilet from a local plumbing supply in Feb. 04'. While I was there a local plumber warned me about the toilet leaking continuously and that American Standard wouldn't do anything for him. I figured he had an axe to grind with American Standard, so I...
  5. Reader Review

have had the new champion for just a few days, and was real pleased with it for the first two. The piece that hooks to the flush column came apart and I can't figure how to connect a piece to the spring inside. I have contacted American Standard and they are supposed to get back to me. Jim O...
  6. Reader Review

American Standard replaced the two original tanks that kept refilling. They were most accommodating and reimbursed me up to $50.00 per unit for professional installation. So far, so good. Dave Larson Rockledge, FL May 9, 2004 I would like to add my two cents to this champion toilet. It...
  7. Reader Review

My short experience with the Champion toilet. Installed about a week ago. Had problems with the flush tower hanging up 3 times. Tank would lean forward because of poor tank to bowl seal design. Very noisy when the flush tower bangs down, very annoying!! Today, water is leaking between tank and...
  8. Reader Review

I bought one of the A.S. Champion toilets and was sold on the hype it will flush 29 golf balls. I installed it and never flushed golf balls but it does flush as advertised. The only problem I had, a big one, is I could not get it to stop leaking between the tank and bowl. Every flush it leaked...
  9. Reader Review

Yikes. I thought I would look for tips on my leaky Champion and I've just read a bunch of horror stories from other consumers. I bought 2 Champion toilets 4 months ago, and 1 week ago one of them developed the dreaded leak. I thought it was just a case of adjusting a screw or something and was...
  10. Reader Review

I replaced my old toilet with an American Standard Champion toilet about 5 months ago at my plumbers suggestion. I was extremely pleased with the toilet until I started running while I was on Vacation (I am expecting a huge water bill). It was the same defective flush valve that everyone else...
  11. Reader Review

Just had a American Standard Champion put in my NJ home. Flushing seems okay and then the tank fills up okay. Now the problem. The seal doesn't seem to work correctly and every few minutes you hear the tank filling with water. At night it really is a pain as my bed is near the bathroom. The...
  12. Reader Review

Our office building in Tampa, Florida has three Champion toilets. All three are horrible! Lots of hype in American Standard advertising - the guy running to get the plunger. In the end, and in actual use - the Champion is the most disappointing toilet I have ever used. It doesn't overflow...
  13. Reader Review

About one year ago I installed three American Standard Champion toilets in a friends home, to replace three, cheap, builder installs. All three leak water from the tank and refill regularly and it's noisy. All three were installed within one degree level...what else would be pertinent to know...
  14. Reader Review

TOTO Drake Toilet Reviews, 2004 and some newer

I was ready to purchase the American Standard Champion till i came upon your web site. Just finished installing a Toto drake. Quiet, strong flush. 2 more drakes to be installed. Anyone in the market for 3 plungers??? Thanks, Matt February 25, 2004 I love my Toto Drake. We replaced a toilet 2...
  15. Reader Review

TOTO Drake Toilet Reviews, 2004 and some newer

I live in a small condo on top of all my appliances so quiet appliances are a priority. Toto Drake passes the test. The flush is powerful, quick, and very quiet. The tank refills with water quickly and quietly. Gayle This toilet ROCKS! Would flush a pig through a straw! And for all you lazy...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks