Recent content by rbarton

1. R

Whirlpool Flame Lock water heaters, reviews, troubleshooting, repair and support.

Ha! The sad thing is you may be right. I am salaried! I have to get my work done regardless of what other issues I deal with. If you knew what my actual job title is, this would make it even more humorous or sad, depending on which side you are looking at it from. Systems Analyst / Data...
  2. R

Whirlpool Flame Lock water heaters, reviews, troubleshooting, repair and support.

Just finished this test and wow...what a shocker...the replacement tcouple setup failed their own test. :mad: I hate to even waste a phone call to these people to report it but I know the company will not spring for a new water heater when this one is only 2 years old.
  3. R

Thanks for the input. Is there anything obvious I could have likely done to the new one to foul it up during installation? I used a large pipe wrench with rubber jaw covers to install it and tightened it to the last point I could where it was still in the proper operating orientation. I know...
  4. R

I just found this thread two days ago. I wish I would have found it sooner! We have 5 of these units at my office. Ironically, a couple of them are still working with the original thermocouple. One had a replacement put in 2 months ago and it is still working. Then my boss decides to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks