Recent content by RayJay

1. RayJay

What kinda well do I have / How do I get it going?

Thanks to All! Thanks much for the advice! Actually there is enough room to go down in the well, but I better not chance it! First thing is that I will probably have the water tested. Then...will try out some options.
  2. RayJay

Agree, the old system is in pieces and not worth saving. Should I try to free up the rod (assuming that the galvanized pipe is worth keeping)? Or, should I pull out the galvanized pipe? How would one go about doing either of these things? I assume the galvaized pipe does not go much deeper...
  3. RayJay

Hi, My recently-bought house is over 100 years old and I have a water well that is in a pump room in the basement. Pump is ancient (driven by leather belt), is disconnected and there's no motor. The well is about two and a half feet in diameter (lined with approximately 3-foot sections of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks