Recent content by RATS

1. RATS

First time well owner - need help with set up and pump sizing

One more pump question ... I see that different pumps (eg. 1/2HP 10GPM) depending on model # or brand have different number of stages? What are "stages"? Is a higher number of stages on a pump better? Thanks
  2. RATS

Thanks LLigetfa and valveman ... think I will try and find a local plumber familiar with wells pumps and CSV's. With small sq. footage on the cottage the smaller pressure tank is definately appealing. Anyone have opinion on reliability/reputation of Berkeley pumps?
  3. RATS

Thanks everyone for the quick replys. If we go with a 1/2HP 10GPM pump what size pressure tank would you recommend (assuming we only get a small one)?
  4. RATS

One more question ... if you use a higher HP pump eg. 3/4HP model will it benefit us or will it possibly damage the system? I was thinking a 3/4HP might provide better water pressure in the shower, fixtures in the cottage
  5. RATS

Thanks for advice VAWellDriller. I will look into a 5 or 10 GPM 1/2HP pump. Once the snow goes away and we can get into the property we will test the flow of the well with pump to get a more acurate GPM flow. You mentioned the Grundfos make ... are Berkeley and Goulds also reliable pumps?
  6. RATS

Thanks LLigetfa .. I suspect you are right on the driller being a bit lazy. He actually indicated the well was great and produced more water than we would ever need. He has been in business for many years around here and has a reputation as a good well drilling guy. He never provided the...
  7. RATS

Thanks Texas Wellman. I believe the well actually produces much more than 5GPM. The well guy just didnot provide an actual measure. How would we go about testing the actual output of the well?
  8. RATS

Hi there, I'm a newbie to the forum and to wells. We have gotten a lot of good advice on other DIY projects from this forum before so thought of this as a great go to spot to help with this project. We have purchased a piece of property in New Brunswick Canada with the intent of build a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks