Recent content by Ramon Leigh

1. Ramon Leigh

Kohler toilet seat replacement for one-piece.

Thanks for the info - Kohler is now off my list of suppliers for anything. Never thought much of their designs anyway.
  2. Ramon Leigh

Tankless water heater or tank? How about for this particular use?

Same idea I had - if cottage is close, tap into house's hot water.
  3. Ramon Leigh

how many fixtures on a 3" vent stack?

As to AAVs - before I moved to Florida 6 years ago, I never heard of an AAV or knew anything about venting systems. But all the houses in this development use AAVs for all kitchen sinks and bathroom vanities. So when one of the posters here complains about their unreliability I have to laugh -...
  4. Ramon Leigh

How many fixtures on a single 1.5" PVC drain pipe?

I could ask why the concern - if the 1.5 pipe is already too small for the fixtures attached, why worry about one more? You're already out of code, apparently, so how much difference will one more fixture make? It's not as though they will be used concurrently. The business about "number of...
  5. Ramon Leigh

Septic Tank Elimination: Does it make sense to install new toilet drain pipe?

I would question the need or wisdom of doing anything. I would never hook into city sewer that will provide me with yet another monthly bill, unless the septic system is having problems that require extensive work.
  6. Ramon Leigh

rough in photos

MC cable normally required if steel studs. I lived in a highrise condo that was in a commercial build zone - steel studs and MC required thruout. I cannot imagine any residence nowadays using either copper or cast iron.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks