Recent content by RaisingSkell

1. RaisingSkell

Pipes bang with water filter turned on (not run-of-the-mill)

Hey Bill, Small world! I switched to the GXWX35F and no more banging - its a beautiful thing. Two less attractive features about the GXWH35F are no shut-off/by-pass option and the casing is not clear. Since your system, like mine, has a shut-off its not a problem. I had an old clear casing...
  2. RaisingSkell

Replacement for Honeywell L8148L-1005

After 23 years this beast has given up the ghost. Unfortunately, no one seems to know that this beast existed in the first place. It is a Honeywell Aquastat L8148L-1005 (please note the "L" after the 8148 as opposed to a "A", "E" or "J". I've checked the web, local plumbers and local supply...
  3. RaisingSkell

Cindy, my apologies for not posting this earlier. I had also called GE and they said the filter I owned had a check valve which was causing the problem and suggested the same replacement. Nowhere on the box or in the packaging was any mention of the check valve. They would not swap out my unit...
  4. RaisingSkell

I know this thread is old, 2 years, so I apologize in advance. I have the same filter, main size and problem as the OP, except, the cleaner the filter, the worse the banging. When the filter gets so dirty that it won't filter any longer, the banging is reduced dramatically. But, so much so that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks