Recent content by Radagast

1. R

Cement board over drywall

I'll be doing a total of 6 bathrooms in two houses. Four are bathtub/showers, two are showers only. The one I am starting with is a bathtub/shower with a window in the 5ft wall. The next one doesn't have a window in the surround. I was assuming tile should go in the window area, but I'm new to...
  2. R

Yes I understand. I'll just let the tiles cover the flange. That will make it easy. One of the bathrooms has a window in the tub surround. Anything special I need to do around this or just the same process of moisture barrier and cbu? Should the window sill slope slightly down into the tub...
  3. R

Thanks for the replies. I will probably put it over the greenboard, but I do have one more question about this. I have removed a portion of the drywall in one bathroom and can see that there is a 1/4" gap between the bathtub flange and the stud. A small wood spacer was placed in there to brace...
  4. R

Is it acceptable to screw 1/4" cement board over greenboard as a base for ceramic tile in a tub/shower surround? If I do, is it necessary to put a vapor barrier between the cement board and the greenboard? I thought I saw that this was ok in a posting somewhere but I can't find it now. Thanks.
  5. R

Direct to stud bathtub install question

I'm installing a direct to stud 60" bathtub and have found the studs to be 60.5" apart. This leaves a noticeable .5" gap. What is the correct way to account for this? Should I push the tub up against one side and then extend all the studs on the other side out .5" so they are flush against the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks