Recent content by raanders

1. R

Shower drain modification

Quite literally a corner. It will be two tiled walls and a curtain on a 'L' rod. There is only 31-1/2" from the wall stud to the door jamb on one side. I never measured it but the inside of the old fiberglass shower stall must have been around 28". Rod --
  2. R

Thanks jadnashua. I'm now leaning towards building my own pan and curb. (The Quick Slope would cost $360 and I'd still have to build the curb.) Several of the articles and postings I've read indicated a DIY pan by an amateur was a path to disaster. Since I'm doing it on a cement floor...
  3. R

I'm remodeling a downstairs 1-3/4 bath in a mid-1970's house. Working on the shower replacement, which was a 30" fiberglass stall, and the plan is for a corner shower with curtain. The only options I've found so far for something that small is to mortar a base or use a Quick Slope...
  4. R

Shower Faucet Control Valve positioning

I thought there might be some industry standards. Thanks. Rod
  5. R

Shower Faucet Control Valve positioning

Where can I find information on the correct/proper/legal height that the FCV should be placed in a shower stall? I've already taken out the old (mid-1970s) fiberglass stall so can't measure it. My hindsight is 20/20. Thanks, Rod --
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks