Recent content by R_2016

1. R_2016

Tile mortar removal

I have a tile next to my shower that I had to remove. Under the tile is about 1/4" of mortar that is going to be a pain to remove, do I need to remove all the morter down to the subfloor? Can I just remove 1/8" of the mortar and use a little bit of thinset to reinstall the tile? Is there any...
  2. R_2016

Drainage Question

Ok, to make a long story short. I have an area of my yard that is considered wetlands, and part of the yard is kinda like a swamp. I have a permit from my city that allows my to install an 8" perforated pvc pipe into a catch basin, that is at the end of my yard. The catch basin is on city...
  3. R_2016

Re keying question

I have a total of 4 (Schlage) locks that need to be keyed to one master key, 2 door knobs, and 2 deadbolts. I am just looking to have a locksmith come in and rekey the cylinders to medeco, I want to keep the locks as-is. My main concern is lock bumping, plus I want to have "do not copy" keys. As...
  4. R_2016

Re keying question

I need to have some locks rekeyed in my house, and I was thinking about going with Medeco high security locks. Does anyone know how much it costs to get a lock keyed?
  5. R_2016

Water Problem

Well I was thinking due to the fact that the flashing will be covered up, the duck tape can go over the caulking, so when I set the siding back in place it won't cause any damage to the caulking, just in case. The duck tape is not ment to keep out the water. Is there anything else I could use. I...
  6. R_2016

Water Problem

Yes, I used silicone caulk that is ment for outside doors and windows. Where I had to overlap the flashing, I was thinking of using some duck tape to bond them togeather, I was also thinking of puting duck tape in the corner where the caulk, because when the siding channel butts up against it, I...
  7. R_2016

Water Problem

It look like the water was running off the top of the garage door and getting behind the trim around the garage door. I added some flashing around the trim and I caulked where the flashing where it meets the trim so if water gets behind, it will only be able to run down and not behind the trim...
  8. R_2016

Water Problem

How far behind the siding should the flashing extend up? I think the problem here is that there is no where for the water to go, above the door the siding gos up 3 floors, so you get all that water running down.
  9. R_2016

Water Problem

Here is the link for the pic. http://www.flickr.com/photos/35301759@N05/4025864720/
  10. R_2016

Water Problem

Hi, I am having a problem with water leaking from above my door. The water is leaking from the top left side on the pic. I have run some flshing on the top to redirect the water that is running down the siding from getting inside the channel on the top of the door. We had a bad storm yesterday...
  11. R_2016

Hot tub question

Hi, I have a Laurel Mountain Whirpool hot tub. I want to add an in line heater for it, but all the heaters I see online just maintain the current water temp. I am looking for a heater that has a keypad for adjusting the temp. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
  12. R_2016

Installing a Dryer 30 Amp power cord, 120/240 volt. what gauge wire?

# 10 wire will do. Fyi, I think that #10 wire is orange.
  13. R_2016

GFCI Outlet change

Hi, I have a whirlpool that has limted access to where the plug for the motor is. What I want to do is change the GFCI plug with a normal plug, and make the breaker GFCI. This is so if the circuit trips inadvertently, I can reset at load center. Does anyone know if this is ok? Thanks
  14. R_2016

Xfer switch hookup question

Hi, I have a 7 circuit transfer switch I need to hook up. The switch is mounted next to the load center and all the circuits are identified. Does anyone know roughly what it would cost to have an electrician tie the wires into the breakers (Boston are). My guess is that it would only take maybe...
  15. R_2016

Xfer switch question

Hi, I am looking to get a transfer switch for a portable generator. I would like to get one that is like a sub panel so I can add or change different breakers as I need. I am looking to get about a 50A switch and wire it to a twist lock plug that will be mounted outside my house. Anyone have any...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks