Recent content by qkrinkle

1. qkrinkle

Maytag Dryer Heating Element Problem?

I have a Maytag centennial dryer. I just had all the vents cleaned, etc. but the dryer still smells like it is burning while rubbing. And there is evidence of burning on the vent mesh. Would a bad heating element cause this? TIA!
  2. qkrinkle

Advice for new apron sink- want to add hot water dispenser and garbage disposal

Thanks! I’d like an instant hot tap cuz my family drinks a lot of teas, vocals and soups.
  3. qkrinkle

Advice for new apron sink- want to add hot water dispenser and garbage disposal

I'm installing a 33" apron/farmhouse style sink into a 36" cabinet. What make/model would you recommend for a garbage disposal and a hot water dispenser? Anything special I need to pay attention to? Thanks!
  4. qkrinkle

How to remove vinyl underlayment (paper stuff) on concrete bathroom floor?

We've removed the old viny. and there is an old paper underlayment that we've tried to scrape it up, but it's taking forever. Any ideas? We used a underlayment liquid remover that mixes with water but it's super slow going.... Thanks!
  5. qkrinkle

Sentinel wall heater fans won't turn

i have sentinel wall heaters in my home. 4 of them no longer work. the fans aren't turning as the coils heat up, then they produce a burning smell. do they just need to be cleaned or replaced? how do i fix this problem? thanks!
  6. qkrinkle

Older dishwasher leaking a bit out the front

my older dishwasher has started leaking a small amount of water out the front/bottom when it cycles. is something blocked? can i fix this myself? thanks!
  7. qkrinkle

Dishwasher overflow in sink came apart...

fixed! thanks for all the help. i got it fixed w/ some muscle from my dad. i couldn't screw the top on the sink at the same time while holding up the hose underneath the sink. being 9 months pregnant doesn't help manueverability ;)
  8. qkrinkle

flange nut? ok, what does the top flange nut look like?
  9. qkrinkle

the dishwasher overflow in the sink that connects to the disposal came apart when i was cleaning it. the green nozzle is just hanging under the sink now and the plastic/chrome cover is completely off. do i just use plumber's putty to reattach it? if so, how do i seal it from the bottom...
  10. qkrinkle

Easy way to remove punchout on disposal?already installed

now i know why... you said to use a screwdriver w/ putty to remove the fallen plug. got my big fat middle finger stuck inside the hole trying to get the plug out. luckily i had a can of wd40 under the sink so i sprayed the heck outta my stuck finger and got it loose. oh, but the putty fell...
  11. qkrinkle

Self stick vinyl tiles-any reason i can't apply over old vinyl?

i want to update the vinyl in a tiny bathroom...and was thinking that maybe i could just put down those self sticking vinyl squares? any reason not to? does the glue come undone? thanks.
  12. qkrinkle

Easy way to remove punchout on disposal?already installed

i'm a dork. i put my new disposer in and worked like a champ. tried the dishwasher and got niagra falls from the sink overflow. guess i didn't remove the dishwasher punchout, huh? is there an easy way to do this or is it an hour long process of hammering a screwdriver blindly into the...
  13. qkrinkle

How to remove tack strips from concrete?

thank you! that's a big help, thanks!
  14. qkrinkle

Garbage disposal is dead-serious prob!

thank you thanks for the garbage disposal help. i did indeed break down and buy a new one. 1/2 way installed already! thanks for your help!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks