Recent content by Pwjone1

1. Pwjone1

Kohler Rialto K-3402 toilet fill valve repair

The simple answer for me is that the Kohler Rialto toilets came in colors, and the colors are very difficult to match with the existing tub, sinks, and tile. So I keep nursing them along until I do a bathroom re-do. Could pretty easily plop in a white toilet, but it wouldn't look right (we...
  2. Pwjone1

T0T0 Drake toilet product review

Toto Drake and Latest MaP ratings? I see here a lot of testimonials for the Toto Drakes, and that's definitely goodness. Nothing like real world experience. One thing I noticed, the latest MaP ratings, showed the Drakes as topping out at 800 (which is also the high for all the Totos), as...
  3. Pwjone1

Toilet install question

Although this thread is a bit old (and for myself, I'd let a plumber do this, save yourself some back pain), but I have pretty much the same problem on three toilets in my house, only one of the closet flanges is anywhere near where it should be, the main problem being they're set too low. And...
  4. Pwjone1

Toilet Supply Line - Different Types - Pros and Cons?

Just to complete the thread/thought, I let myself get talked into one of the stainless flex lines, down at the plumbing store. The 9" worked fine, got one from Brassco, went to multiple stores, nobody stocked the 6". There were Watts and Fluidmaster units that looked fine, just liked this one...
  5. Pwjone1

Full House and other Flood Prevention Shut-Offs?

Well, here in the North East, there's a fair amount baseboard water heat, the distribution systems for those, when not insulated properly and/or the weather gets particularly cold, can freeze and break. A friend of mine coming home from a Christmas vacation, saw some ice on the road as he...
  6. Pwjone1

Thanks for the pointer. Looks like a reasonably good solution. I think I'm personally going tankless soon, for efficiency reasons mostly, but I like the way it shuts off both water and gas. Have to ponder if there's a way to make it work for that application.
  7. Pwjone1

Thanks, I've done this a few times before, have the right bending equipment, never seemed that tough, and this particular one is close enough to dead on I could probably just do it by hand. But I wasn't sure if the technology hadn't marched forward in some fashion. I couldn't see a toilet...
  8. Pwjone1

Oh, I guess I did have one follow-on question, since the shut-off to fill valve run is so short on my toilet, 3-4", if a stainless is longer, do people just loop it, or what. Fluidmaster looks like the shortest they make is 6". Maybe that would do, but the stores seem to carry more 9" and 12"...
  9. Pwjone1

I am getting set to do a toilet fill valve replacement (parts ordered, etc., it's an old Kohler), and I am probably going to replace the supply line, same time, in for a dime, in for a dollar as it were. The old supply line is conventional enough. Looks like this: T style chrome platted...
  10. Pwjone1

I guess I should note, as someone is doubtless going to mention it, but I did get a battery powered leak detector/alarm, and put that down by the water heater, against future blow-outs there. I'll probably go tankless, next time around, anyway, just like the way that works better, but I suppose...
  11. Pwjone1

I was wondering if anyone had much experience with Full House Flood prevention devices, could offer up some do's and don'ts. A few years back, we had a water heater blow up, luckily we were home and were able to get the water shut off relatively quickly (and that my wife was sharp enough to...
  12. Pwjone1

What's Causing My K-3402 PB Rialto Toilet to Leave a Black Residue in Tank & Bowl?

OK, as someone that just tore down a Rialto, one source of Black residue in the tank and therefore the bowl is from the fill valve base. The rubber washers at the bottom are black, feel around there, it they get old enough, right water conditions, you'll see some black as the rubber...
  13. Pwjone1

I guess for the sake of completeness, for the K3402 Kohler toilet, here are some sources for replacement fill valves. Noting my research here, to maybe save some others some time. Mostly I'd still start with a trip to the local plumbing supply stores, their advice is generally quite valuable...
  14. Pwjone1

The problem for me is the colors of the toilets that are installed in the house. 3 bathrooms, all Kohler K3402 (Round), all different colors. None seem to be in the current Kohler catalog of colors. Replacing the toilet would mean then doing the bathrooms over (new sinks, new bathtub...
  15. Pwjone1

Thanks for the pointer, I'll certainly have to check the clearance on the units. However, it kind of looks like there's at least one append in this thread that says at least the Fluidmaster would work, earlier by Bob Weaver: Now, I'll grant you, I'm not sure what to make entirely of the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks