Recent content by punch1

1. punch1

58" Bathtub? Nope! It's going to be 60"

I'm sure it'll end of being 60". It does measure 58" from drywall to drywall with no tile and I'm 99.9% certain it's 1/2" drywall so the missing 1" leaves me puzzled. I'll find out for sure once I tear it out though. Thanks for the tips. Pat
  2. punch1

OK, I might be an idiot. I measured from drywall to drywall and came up with the 58" in my original post. Assuming 1/2" drywall, which is in the rest of the house, than the rough opening should be 59 inches. This is too close to 60 inches to not believe that this is already a 60" tub. Agree...
  3. punch1

Thanks for the quick reply. Ideally, I'd like to find a 58" tub. Going to 54" would just eat up more of the little existing space there is but it may be the easiest choice of anything. You got me thinking about notching out the study but i had planned on installing tile on all three tub...
  4. punch1

My existing bathtub measures 58" wide by 30" deep and 15" tall. I am looking to replace it but cannot find anything that is only 58" wide. Everything out there seems to be 60". I have to replace two of these but am at a stand still. Making the rough opening wider to accommodate a 60" tub is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks