Recent content by PTN

1. PTN

Incandecent Buzzing

thanks for the links. i'll read some more on this. my bulb is 150 watts ( larger filament) so i can understand how it might be louder than others. i will try a regular 100 watt bulb just to see if a lower wattage bulb still buzzes the same. if i can't use the 150 watt bulb, then i'll...
  2. PTN

Incandecent Buzzing

i never said it wasn't a code violation. i understand that it is. At this point i would just like to figure out why i'm getting the buzzing. i want to learn the reasons behind this buzzing sound and that is why i asked the question to begin with. Thanks for the pic of the product you...
  3. PTN

Incandecent Buzzing

i tried a regular 150 watt bulb (not 3-way) - same buzzing...
  4. PTN

Incandecent Buzzing

the torchiere has no transformer, so it must simply be the filaments vibrating. if i purchase a single filament 150 watt bulb and simply not use the three way switch (which i don't need anyway since i have the dimmer), do you think the buzzing will go away? i have about 10 fitures in the...
  5. PTN

Incandecent Buzzing

I had a question regarding a couple of torchiere lamps i bought at home depot which use a three way switch for a three way bulb - 50, 100 and 150. i plugged them into outlets controlled by lutron dimmers and even when they are full-on, they buzz. When you dim them, they buzz louder. i have...
  6. PTN

What can paneling support?

thanks for all the help. the paneling in my upsatairs area is installed over sheetrock so i can use toggles but downstairs there is no backing. as it has been stated, since the mirrors are large enough, i can catch at least two studs with a brace and hang them from that. where ther is no...
  7. PTN

i should have mentioned that the mirror has a fairly large frame around it so the only way to attach it is to use the eyelets on either end to either directly attach to the wall (as i am doing now with "ooks" hooks in sheetrock) or use a wire between the eyelets and fasten a hook to the wall...
  8. PTN

I recently bought a house that has circa 1970's faux wood paneling on some walls. i want to hang some speakers (10 lbs each) and a very heavy mirror on some of the paneled walls. i know i can catch studs in some areas but what if some of the screws don't line up with the studs? the paneling is...
  9. PTN

Tstat Common Wire

i want to install programmable thermostats. one each for the upstairs and downstairs zones in my 2000SF raised ranch. right now i have the basic honeywell round tstats. the one downstairs has two wires which are not labeled. the upstairs handles AC and heat and has the following wiring...
  10. PTN

Indirects or Turbomax - Any Experiences?

Could you tell me what are the sizes of the boiler and the tank that you have so i could get a better idea of how your system is set up? thanks, this is great information.
  11. PTN

i have done comparisons on first hour delivery and that is where i got the info in my previous post. As far as continuous delivery goes, once you dump the initial load from a regular indirect, there is no continuous flow of DHW until the tank can recover and heat the newly infused cold...
  12. PTN

i guess the difference i see in the turbomax is that if i do a 40 gal dump of 110 deg water in 10 minutes, i still get 3.5 GPM continuous immediately following the initial dump. If i do the same thing with a 60 gal indirect, i estimate about 75% usable hot water in the tank (45 gal) before...
  13. PTN

Incidentally, i am looking to pair the tank with a new yorker boiler, circa 1980 which will no longer use the built in tankless coil. thank again.
  14. PTN

I have read several posts regarding indirect hot water heaters installed in conjunction with oil fired boilers. i have the same type of questions as to which indirects are good options but additionally, to add to the mix of products, i ran across a tank made by thermo 2000 called turbomax...
  15. PTN

Venting bath fan out soffit vs. side vs. roof

i termed it major because Hube labeled this action as "NEVER". Implies very serious problems to me..... just looking for clarification for the specific example i listed.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks