Recent content by ProxyBox

1. ProxyBox

Controling Navien NPE internal recirculation pump

I have the newest version pcb since I just bought the tankless. I recall it was p23 but it was definitely larger than p20. Call Navien and explain if yours is older. Worst case is your plumber might have to call since they require them to maintain it.
  2. ProxyBox

Navien NPE-a series Remote Control How-to Video

I was able to integrate an RF remote to control the internal recirculation pump in the Navien NPE-a series tankless water heaters. I own the npe-180a. The video is for informational purposes only and I don't make any warranty assurances.
  3. ProxyBox

Finished the How-to Video
  4. ProxyBox

Here is the final install. I added an additional remote for a total of 3. I used a razor and carefully pried each side of the RM11 open to reach the programming switch.
  5. ProxyBox

Use a digital multimeter and test the circuit on the Navien Hot Button PCB. It's 12V DC. With DC voltage, polarity matters so you'll notice it right away on a digital multimeter. I'm confused by your second question. But I'll take a shot at it. The RM11 remote's control box has a bunch of...
  6. ProxyBox

I mounted the contact switch inside the cabinet per the kit instructions. It clips on the side of the PCB board without screws and then you connect a ribbon cable to the PCB. The remote control module sits beside this area (I have it floating but I'll put double stick tape and mount it to the...
  7. ProxyBox

Yes!!! It worked perfectly. I connected the Hot Button control board to the main PCB per the instructions. Rather than using the hard wired door bell style push button that comes with the kit, I bought this remote control unit (...
  8. ProxyBox

Newer Tankless Technology - Venting & Condensate

I need a logical answer to things and now I have one!!! Yes, we don't have ice or freezing issues here in the coastal area of LA but interestingly less than an hour or two away we have mountains where it snows. Wink, wink as a nod to your user icon of skiers. I'm a skier myself! I really...
  9. ProxyBox

Newer Tankless Technology - Venting & Condensate

Q1: From the past, I've always read to direct acidic vent condensate to the outside on a horizontal vent run or capture/dispose it if going vertical for condensating tankless water heaters. I've been reading up on Navien and Noritz units and they both say to tilt horizontal lines back toward the...
  10. ProxyBox

Crazy coincidence that I ran into your post because I've been researching the same issue. I am contemplating getting the NPE-180A and controlling the pump with a remote control in each bathroom. This setup is very similar to the one I have with my 40 gallon tank setup with recirc/return line by...
  11. ProxyBox

SURVEY: Recirculating Pump and Leaks - How many years?

I used x10 switches and timers to reduce the use to on demand I purchased x10 remotes, an appliance switch module and controller (www.x10.com) and placed the remotes in each bathroom. I programmed the modules to turn on for 3 minutes and activate the pump. After 3 minutes the pump shuts off...
  12. ProxyBox

Water heater not at correct temperature at random times. Occurs inconsistently.

Thanks Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad that you were able to identify that the probe might be suspicious. This morning, the water temp was perfect. The thermostat is probably on the fritz. I'll proceed as suggested.
  13. ProxyBox

Water heater not at correct temperature at random times. Occurs inconsistently.

We own a 10 year old Rheem 40 gallon natural gas water heater that is behaving inconsistently. On certain mornings the hot water runs out near the end of the first shower. The thermostat dial temperature has never been changed and we started noticing this behavior about six months ago. Some...
  14. ProxyBox

Braukmann D05 Pressure Valve - Bonnet Removal

Thanks for the tips. I am late to reply but I was able to get the bonnet off. I went to a rental supply store and got a socket wrench that was the same size. Once I got the socket on there, the bonnet came off with no problem. I saw the same socket wrench at Sears. They cost about $15.00.
  15. ProxyBox

Green Stain in Kohler Toilets (1 year old)

Hi. I have two brand new Kohler toilets (about 1 year old). Inside the bowl, green stains are starting to appear where the water dispenses around the rim. We clean the toilets twice a week so it is not a maintenance issue. I am assuming that copper is leaching and calcifying around the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks