Recent content by projectorguru

1. P

installing registers in duct

I actually built a frame around the hole and used the foil tape and liquid nails and screwed the register to the wood, i showed an HVAC guy this yesterday(friend of my cousins) and he was impressed, he said hes never seen anyone do that b4 but it was a great idea, just not very practical
  2. P

so, I bought some duct and slammed it in the hole, and taped the chit out of it, works great, incase anyone else was wondering:D
  3. P

where can I go to ask if no one knows here?
  4. P

Hey fella's. I'm finishing my basement and am up to installin drywall, and where i boxed out the duct work over head, I have decided to install 2 supply and one return register, not for heat, but air(I have a heat pump). Anyway, I would have no issues if it was metal duct, but its rectangular...
  5. P

update on panel install

Yeah my friend wants that main sub breaker for disconnect purposes, I just didn't want to do it if its ilegal, and yes I'm installing a 100 amp main lug for this reason. Also is there a heighth requirement for the mounting?
  6. P

update on panel install

Right the load calc I got is 38.6A so 80% would be 40 on the 50 amp main, so I'm ok there. One other question, I know you can put a bigger size breaker in the sub, but I am buyin a Square D 100 amp sub panel, and it comes with a 100 AMP main, is that ok? or should I put a 50 amp in anyway so...
  7. P

update on panel install

Well from yesterdays' thread I figured I should go look at my buddys' deal instead of guessin, so i have some questions for you guys, since I'm not real up to date on residential codes(since college in 98). I work at Hershey as an electrician mainly industrial, plc's, instrumentation that sort...
  8. P

installing a sub panel

That was my point, I thought code was it has to be continuous, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Also they used 2 50 amp breakers which i though was wrong as well
  9. P

installing a sub panel

A friend of mine is finishing his basement, and when the new house was built a year ago, he had a pre-wire for a sub panel down there. Anyway his main panel has 2, 50A breakers, and the wire is bugged off in the basement in a JB. i did not check the wire yet to make sure its #6 or #4 yet, but...
  10. P

Plastic boxes?

great Thanx sparky, I was mainly worried about insulation or dust/debris gettin in there, I really wasn't lookin forward to goin back and pullin them out and tryin to fix!!!
  11. P

Plastic boxes?

HI All! I am almost complete on installing my electrical circuits for the basement. Anyway, I used the plastic boxes. I am used to metal boxes more, but the plastic was so cheap I went with them. Anyway, they have a plastic opening that I thought you just punch out the one side so it would...
  12. P

help with new wire basement

The TV is a projector that projects an image of 10ft diagonal, so yeah,m plenty of light from that baby,LOL. Thanx all:)
  13. P

No sir. the one 15 amp circuit already there I am using for both bar room and theatre room lighting. A total of 14 fixtures @ 75watt max rating, I get 8.75 amps. That is the only thing that will be on the circuit, but the circuit will be for both rooms in the basement(lighting only). My...
  14. P

Right, my question was about lighting only, I already have the circuits for the theatre protion, thats not an issue at all, I have 2 dedicated for the theatre side plus a circuit with 10 receptacles separate. Becasue I don't have alot of lighting going in, I was going to use the 15 amp circuit...
  15. P

Its in the big room, low lighting, theatre set up, Onkyo receiver 7.1 surround, Blue ray, and the 1080P HD projector mounted in the ceiling projecting a image of 112" diagonal on a HD painted build in framed wall. All the AV stuff is run behind the wall using to go cables as runners to the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks