Recent content by Prof100

1. P

Very rusty water after changing downpipe

Bob, Your last paragraph is funny. LMAO. The well pump screen is not plugged. I was pretty clear of any deposits when it was pulled out to install the new downpipe. Are the Nu-Well tablets something I could do? If so, how simple is it? I also checked my water softener. I had...
  2. P

The air compressor is supposed to put 100 CFM of air into the well to blow it out. The total process costs $300. The air compressor is a automotive size diesel engine powered, tow behind air compressor.
  3. P

Gary, The well service company tech who didn't want to cut and thread the extra 10 foot of pipe said to run the outdoor faucet for 4-5 hours to purge the well and the water system of the rusty water. Or, he said I need to have them come out and use a high powered air compressor to blow...
  4. P

Pump is 11 years old. I replaced it back in late 1995. It pumps just fine. I will attempt to bypass the water softener and run all the faucets. Or, I can run the water directly into my basement sump from the well for couple of hours, then run all the faucets in the house.
  5. P

PROBLEM: Water is extremely rusty. All three toilet tanks had to have a cup of IRON OUT added to clean out the rust. The final straw was a load of whites is now rusty white due to the iron in the water. Two additional washes with bleach and they are still discolored. I will wash them with...
  6. P

Well pump keeps running

No check valve on the tank. The tank is a 86 gallon bladder tank. GOOD NEWS -- Problem solved by replacing the down pipe. It had two holes in it. One was he size of pencil. My wallet is a bit lighter. Cost was $421 for the truck hoist, galvanized pipe ($3/ft/), a new check valve in the...
  7. P

Well pump keeps running

I believe what you describe was used to run the water from the well pump to the house.
  8. P

Well pump keeps running

What is PE? That was not an option named by my well service company. By the way, the down pipe is 60 feet and the well pump is connected on the end.
  9. P

Well pump keeps running

The down pipe is probably original. I priced stainless and it's $10 a foot so 62 ft would be a bit much. Galvanized is $3/ft and PVC is $1/ft. PVC sounds like a good idea until it may need to be replaced. I am picturing it getting captured in the well in 5 to 10 years with crusty deposits...
  10. P

Well pump keeps running

Bob, Thanks for responding. It's probably the drop pipe which is 60 feet of galvanized steel and 28 years old. Back in 1995 when the service tech installed a new submersible pump I should have had him install a new stainless drop pipe. I wouldn't be surpised if the 12 year old pump...
  11. P

Well pump keeps running

I am a newbie to this forum. It's great! I have read many of the threads and there are some really knowledgable people on this forum. I hope you can help me. Primary Problem: My well pump keeps running. I just installed a new Pumptrol 40-60 psi pump control switch. It has 5 year...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks