Recent content by Pr0t0c01

1. Pr0t0c01

Air lift to clean 2" Casing

Can you link a picture of a standpipe. I made a 2x2x1 1/4 tee into what you were talking about after watching a few videos on the principal. However, couldn't figure out adjustability. So I just opened the top which had a 2 way reduced to allow me threaded to PEX barb. I "sharpened" the 3/4...
  2. Pr0t0c01

Air lift to clean 2" Casing

Hey again, so my situation with my well seems to be steady, running better than a few months ago, but it still runs out eventually. In an effort to avoid spending $3k having a 6" well put in, I'd like to try running a single tube with a compressed air hose in it down to bottom to create an air...
  3. Pr0t0c01

Gould J5S - Pressure Build Problems + Noises

The pump is doing much better today. We have had lots of snow melting and it's been raining for 2 days, so I believe the water level is raising and recovering a bit quicker. That being said, I noticed one single fitting that I didn't redo the sealant on. I'm going to take that one off tonight...
  4. Pr0t0c01

Still really think I have an air leak? Ok, I'll revisit this possibility. When I brought the pump to a local and very experienced shop, they said it was working great. The had it hooked up to a pressure tank and bucket like they are talking about and showed it fill a 5gal tank flawlessly and...
  5. Pr0t0c01

Sorry, I've been troubleshooting and thought things may have gotten better, but now it's progressively got worse. I actually manually shut the pump off after it's ran for a long time and failed to make progress in building pressure. If using the washers it won't be able to finish filling...
  6. Pr0t0c01

I'm at a complete loss. The only and last thing to conclude is that my well is not recovering fast enough. I unhooked the well and brought it into a place that rebuilds them and told them what I had going on. He took it apart and said everything looked great. Then hooked it up to their...
  7. Pr0t0c01

I'll be taking the pump out of system here I'm the next day or so when I get time. Anything I should look for while I have it in buckets? Thanks DonL, forgot to check my post after making it.
  8. Pr0t0c01

Valveman, If you are certain this has to be on the pump side, then I'm going to rip it back out tomorrow and check things out inside the pump again. I just checked the suction pipe on the inlet with a sopping wet rag and nothing changed. There is no other connections to leak on this suction...
  9. Pr0t0c01

If that is the case, then im at a loss. What are the odds that the exact same issue would persist after I changed the entire pipe, foot valve and all connectors to the pump. Is there something in the pump that could be leaking? I had already changed out the main seal and the spring loaded...
  10. Pr0t0c01

I didn't know that the suction leak could only be on the pump side. That leaves me even more confused. No packer jet. Just 1" pex put down into a 2" metal casing that should be about 41-42' deep with a sand point tip on the end. The 1" pex has a foot valve (brand new now) on it. I thought...
  11. Pr0t0c01

Thanks Valveman, I couldn't recall the draw down, thought I remembered it being roughly 1/2 or under... But 8 gallons... Ouch. That makes a lot of sense about the air vs water molecules. I only have one check valve and it is past the pressure tank on its way towards the filters. I'll test by...
  12. Pr0t0c01

Thanks guys... I isolated part of my system to just the pump to the tank portion by using ball valves. With these shut off, I do not have any loss of pressure at the tank after 30+ minutes. I did empty out my entire system to 0 pressure and checked the tank and it was exactly 30PSI. My switch...
  13. Pr0t0c01

Hey there again, it's been awhile since I've made a post on here as you guys got me fairly well setup a few years back as I was building my garage that we are still currently living in, but improved on lol. Recently I noticed that my J5S wasn't keeping up with water demands, in fact the pump...
  14. Pr0t0c01

New "Garage House" DIY Water System - Questions

Sorry everyone, I was literally searching another issue this many months later and noticed the responses on the post. Just to clarify I have a 36gal primary tank, and a 5gal pig tank for expansion before the hot water heater. The 5 gal tank is right before my 50gal electric hot water tank. So...
  15. Pr0t0c01

New "Garage House" DIY Water System - Questions

The new switch doesn't have a low pressure cut off switch, the old one did. The switch is the same spot it was before, just swapped out. It is at the end of the brass T coming off of the tank, it can't get any closer. Here is the order of my water system. Foot valve Draw line (don't know...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks