Recent content by PoppyNYC

1. PoppyNYC

Sewage smell after toilet was removed and put back

UPDATE! You all are so helpful. Went back under and had my son flush while I was recording, shooting into the mirror. Lo and behold, drops of water emerged which of course is not good and also maybe explains the bad smell (Terry, maybe you can confirm if my thinking is correct on this about...
  2. PoppyNYC

Reach 4 - As far as I know, none of the legacy hardware was replaced when they pulled off the toilet, inspected, and put it back. So, if that was the size of the unifit adapter, it has been there since Day 1 without us having an issue. Can I ask, because I am not understanding from your last...
  3. PoppyNYC

WJCANDEE - Super is a good guy, capable on other matters, but indeed was initially off-base on this case. I'll cut him some slack. But, some really good ideas here, all plausible. Also, I did not realize there was a wax ring under the unifit piece; good to know. Would love to understand why...
  4. PoppyNYC

Reach4 - Thanks for the support and all the tips. You mentioned "the rubber gasket on the Unifit that mates with the porcelain horn that drops into that". Perhaps that is a clue that it was not put back right or not sitting flush or it deteriorated after 18 years. We did try "2000...
  5. PoppyNYC

Hi Terry - Thanks for responding so quickly and sorry for the lag in my reply...dealing with my freezer problem yesterday. Yes, I recall seeing that Unifit adapter (or similar). Tight fit but got in there with a mirror (hope magnified was ok) and a flashlight. Photo attached and when I went...
  6. PoppyNYC

Hi. We live on the 18th floor of a 21 story apartment building and water was leaking from our apartment down to our neighbors. Ultimately, it turned out to be compromised caulking around our tub (and our teenage son's long showers). At first though, our super suspected a leak from under our...