Recent content by PoppaFred

1. PoppaFred

Well Pump Pipe Banging

Just a little update on my Well Pump Pipe Banging Problem... I went ahead and purchased the Cycle Stop Valve and installed , but still am plagued with the banging of my pipes upon pump shutdown. Other than a nicer shower and the pump not coming on quite so much,( and some of that might be...
  2. PoppaFred

Well Pump Pipe Banging

Thanks again, Cary! Since they are a wholesaler, I'll have to go through my plumber- but will do so on Monday Morn! They have the CSV150. SoThat's what we'll go with. I'll let you know what happens once I put it on. Fred
  3. PoppaFred

Well Pump Pipe Banging

P.s. I looked up the site you suggested and it does look like something I could do - as long as it is above ground! Water Hammer is pretty frightening when you consider the power that is represented during the cycle! I would like to run and get one of these CSV valves today, if possible...
  4. PoppaFred

Well Pump Pipe Banging

Well Pipes Banging Thanks , "Valveman" ! I appreciate the fast response. Is the CSV valve something I could install on my lines in the basement (me?) or would that have to be done in the well itself (the well guy)? I can fix just about anything- but I can't raise 200 ft of pipe...I'm just...
  5. PoppaFred

Well Pump Pipe Banging

I am not a plumber nor a well man (in more ways than one...), but I've managed to fix just about anything that has needed fixing in my life -EXCEPT this problem. I have banging pipes (one-two clunks) after my well pump shuts down. I have a typical old farm house well- replaced within the last...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks