Recent content by PNelson1337

1. P

Pressure Drops to Zero

Thanks Cary! I should've clarified, didn't mean the CSV! I was talking about if I plumbed in a second pressure tank. I'll grab a CSV & call it a day. Thank you all for the information & assistance!
  2. P

Pressure Drops to Zero

Makes sense, thank you both! I'll need to think this one through, I hate to add a second point of failure to the system.. the CSV seems to be the best of both worlds in my situation. I hate to waste more money, but going to a smaller tank & reducing strain on the pump seems like a no brainer...
  3. P

Pressure Drops to Zero

Thank you! Unfortunately, I replaced the pressure tank as part of this little fiasco & learning experience. Would running the tanks in tandem* (since the old one is the same exact model) be of any benefit? Larger drawdown amount so less cycles on the pump? I'm going to order a CSV, thank you for...
  4. P

Pressure Drops to Zero

Makes perfect sense now - as it doesn't have any "say" in the pumps start / stop cycles the only way it can possibly do what it does is via controlling the total water entering the system! Appreciate your patience, been a big learning curve the last couple of days! I currently have a Gould V100...
  5. P

Pressure Drops to Zero

Sounds like the CSV isn't going to help with my quick fill problem, but will lessen the overall strain on the pump during high usage situations. How do I go about calculating my GPM if I don't know my pump? It's a standard yellow rope, it's knotted at the top.. Probably been in place a long...
  6. P

Pressure Drops to Zero

Replaced the whole control box, issue resolved. System is holding pressure. The next question I have is.. do these work like a forced air furnace, where it should be running for x amount of time? As in, should I limit the flow to control the speed at which the pressure tank is filled. It fills...
  7. P

Pressure Drops to Zero

Thank you! I'll replace the cap & relay just to rule them out, but it sounds like I'll be pulling the well cap. Guy is supposed to give me a quote on replacing the pump & doing all the leg work, but I'm sure it'll be more than I want to spend.. Particularly if I can do it myself. So the fact...
  8. P

Pressure Drops to Zero

Correct, no lever. Yes, there's a control box.. Installed in 1971 - if the box is to be believed, it's a 1 HP Pump. It's the original cover still, but the capacitor obviously could've been swapped out. I'm already ~1000 into the project, sounds like replacing the control box is the next logical...
  9. P

Pressure Drops to Zero

Hello All, This forum has been an absolute wealth of information for me & I appreciate all the contributors. I had a pressure switch that failed (water started leaking out of it). The switch was replaced, but the system wouldn't keep pressure with use.. Recharged the tank, still the same...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks