Recent content by Plumbstar

1. Plumbstar

Afraid of water-leaking when replacing faucet compression shut-off valve

I'm posting this as much will apply: I've been using Dahl stops for years for their superior quality. My only issue is the depth of the recess for 1/2" copper pipe. Most common existing valves are Brasscraft. When replacing BC with Dahl, while retaining existing ferrule & nut, the lack of depth...
  2. Plumbstar

Replacing Toilet Water Valve, should I remove old ferrule and compression nut?

I've been using Dahl stops for years for their superior quality. My only issue is the depth of the recess for 1/2" copper pipe. Most common existing valves are Brasscraft. When replacing BC with Dahl, while retaining existing ferrule & nut, the lack of depth in the Dahl causes the ferrule to be...
  3. Plumbstar

Dahl supply line ball valves....anything else better?

I've been using Dahle stops for years for their superior quality. My only issue is the depth of the recess for 1/2" copper pipe. Most common existing valves are Brasscraft. When replacing BC with Dahl, while retaining existing ferrule & nut, the lack of depth in the Dahl causes the ferrule to be...
  4. Plumbstar

Case of the hissing Toto Ultimate and dropping tank water level

The Toto flapper has always been an issue as most 3" flappers are. Fortunately, Toto has an easy & inexpensive fix to upgrade the flush to the latest design. I rarely replace the flappers anymore. Just order the appropriate flush tower and you good to go. Toto website will give you the...
  5. Plumbstar

Uponor PEX problem ALERT

In all the PEX leaks that I have repaired, It has always been the hot. Many of the homes I work in are extremely large with recirc systems that run 24/7. I install Aquastats & timers on the recirc pumps where I can
  6. Plumbstar

Uponor PEX problem ALERT

Can't speak to the validity of this link but gives one pause for thought : https://www.classaction.org/news/discontinued-red-blue-uponor-pex-piping-plagued-by-cracking-defect-class-action-alleges
  7. Plumbstar

Cracks forming next to plastic Uponor fittings

I'm seeing the exact same thing here in Newport Beach on homes about 10 years old. Most of these homes have whole house filter that should be removing chlorine & chloromines
  8. Plumbstar

Pull Down Spout Hose Guide Suggestions (for Kitchen Faucet)

try this: https://www.moen.com/products/Moen/Moen-Pullout-Pulldown-Hose-Management-System-Hose-Guide-/159060
  9. Plumbstar

Anode gone after 4 years / Water heater failure. Soft water

I have a customer whose water fails often. Heater lasted 4.5 years. I pulled anode which was down to only the wire. House has soft water service that changes out the tank on a regular basis. There is a recirculating system tied to the water heater with a Grundfos pump. Receptacle that serves the...
  10. Plumbstar

New TOTO Legato leaking from base

The closet ring MUST be at the correct height. Even if you use extra wax rings, it can leak. Toto includes a notice with the instructions stating this. The shape of the unfit directs the waste flow at a slight angle as it enters the closet ring. If the ring is too low, it will eventually leak...
  11. Plumbstar

Toto drain valve replaces flapper- poor flush

I had the same problem with the same toilet. Fill valve is set perfect. Bowl refill is fine. Can't raise water level any higher due to tank lever height. Tried different flush tower settings. Tower just closes too soon. Had to go back to old style flush valve. I use the new flush tower design on...
  12. Plumbstar

Strange hot recirc problem

I have a customer with a 75 gallon Bradford. Everything is installed correctly with a timer & electronic thermostat controlling the pump. Brass nipple & tee before copper recirc. line connects to the heater. I was there on second pinhole leak in the 1/2" C piping adjacent to the pump (Grundfos...
  13. Plumbstar

Toto Ultimate vs Ultramax (help me choose)

The only difference is the flush valve. The Ultramax overflow is higher. It used to be cheaper to buy a Ultimate & install a Ultramax flush valve. The china & fill valve are the same
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks