Recent content by plumbingpros

1. plumbingpros

Making an old cleanout into a new drain

r-bob, take some advice from the plumbingpros: get your own thread!:p Thanks for the reply, Patrick. I think we will investigate removing enough concrete to make a proper connection. And, per Herk's advice, we'll try to keep the cleanout as well. I'll post a pic later after we rethink our...
  2. plumbingpros

Thanks for your responses, everyone. Okay - I accept that it's not code, but is it dangerous??:eek: And if not, where should we put the vent pipe? Thanks.
  3. plumbingpros

We have a single-story 1920's bungalow with 1 bathroom. We've done some remodeling to the kitchen, bath, and made a laundry room upstairs, so we have done a little plumbing. Now we want to add a sink and a toilet to the basement. We have 1 main dwv stack into which all drains flow (except...
  4. plumbingpros

Washer into 1 inch drain

Checking in to report SUCCESS! :D HJ, your tip about the outside diameter was just what I needed to know. The galvanized was indeed 1 1/2 inches. Hey Jimbo - I've washed a couple of large loads and I haven't used the mop yet!! :p
  5. plumbingpros

Washer into 1 inch drain

Everyone, thanks for your replies. I'm going to re-measure the galvanized piece, and pray it's 1 1/2 inches. If not, oh well, laundry room stays downstairs. Thanks again.
  6. plumbingpros

Washer into 1 inch drain

Hi Terry (and anyone else who give us advice), I really enjoy your forum and I've learned a lot already by reading. We are remodeling the bathroom in our 1920s bungalow, and we want to bring the washer & dryer up to the main floor, and to use the existing waterlines and drain previously used...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks