Recent content by plumbernj

1. plumbernj

PEX for home fire sprinklers?

What makes you think the booster pump will run if there is a fire? Alway figure the worst. Electricity is off or shorted out.
  2. plumbernj

Dielectric Union

I use Bradford water heaters with the nipples already in the top of the tank. Mark, have you seen these?
  3. plumbernj

Confused about what to do, please help...

Yeah but how do you know if there are any other "installation errors" farther away? You don't. Reroute above ground is the best answer.
  4. plumbernj

Plumbing inspector problem in NJ

So I pulled a permit for an electric water heater REPLACEMENT in a small southern NJ town... now he wants me to get an electrical permit too. Just to connect two wires. I told him no other town that I have pulled permits for ever wanted an electrical permit for a replacement electric water...
  5. plumbernj

Advice - Tankless Water Heaters !

Yeah, I heard this same jargon in 7th grade about the metric system.
  6. plumbernj

Oatey Pipe joint compound on PVC sink trap and drain?

Ryan Do not use the gray paste on plastic. You can you Teflon paste on plastic though if you need to. Read the can for all the info.
  7. plumbernj

Old 1 3/8" Bathroom Drain

They sure do make that size. I stock it in my truck. I mainly need it on old bathtub drains. 1 3/8"
  8. plumbernj

Oetiker crimp tool

That is the tool I use for PEX. Very easy to use and never had a leak because of a bad clamp.
  9. plumbernj

Do you offer benefits to your employees?

I would like to know if any of you owners offer health benefits to your employees and or familes and if so, what percentage do you pay for? 50% 100%
  10. plumbernj

Replacing hot water heater

You can order one from Lowes. It is called a 50 but really is 46.5 gallons. Lowes numbers: Item # 89263 Model # E2F50LD045V Look on their web site for more info.
  11. plumbernj

No hot water in bathroom

No sense replacing it if you tested it by turning off the hot and cold. Somewhere there is mixing going on. Look for a mixing valve going to the toilets. Follow the lines as far as you can from the water heater output and make sure.
  12. plumbernj

No hot water in bathroom

You might have an older Moen cartridge in lav sink somewhere that is bad and allowing it to mix hot with the cold. Find other Moen cartridge fixtures and turn the valves under it off. Then try the shower.
  13. plumbernj

General liability insurance question

GRange insurance is a great insurance to look into I saved about 7 k per year a while back and it gave me the warm fuzzies......and tingely feelings all over my body Good info, but grange is not in NJ.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks