Recent content by Plumber111

1. Plumber111

testing plumbing during shower remodel

You're right. I typed wrong. I meant to say 78" from finished floor. There would be alot of accidental drownings at 68". :o
  2. Plumber111

Unfinished Bathroom

Build a wall. :)
  3. Plumber111

testing plumbing during shower remodel

We have to test new to 100 PSI. Now get this, remodel, just to the current operating pressure of the structure. Hook it up, turn it on, it's tested.
  4. Plumber111

Electric Tankless Survey

And their easier to run if you're near your avatar picture. :p
  5. Plumber111

Electric Tankless Survey

The larger Electric Tankless takes a monster amount of amps to operate. And these are the only ones that have a remote chance of giving reasonable demand for the way most Americans use hot water. Basically, think of it as a 1 fixture water heater regardless of stated GPM. (Only run one thing...
  6. Plumber111

Electric Tankless Survey

I have changed ONE person from electric tank to electric tankless. Two older people are the only ones ever there. Probably never use more than 3 GPM. They had to install a separate 100 amp service just to run the heater. (Can't recall brand & details. Sorry.) They seemed to be happy with it...
  7. Plumber111

The Worst Water?

Better off pulling water from the ocean. :)
  8. Plumber111

The Worst Water?

Mmmmph. That does sound like a nightmare. Ever changing.
  9. Plumber111

The Worst Water?

What's the worst water situation you recall treating? Just curious. Thanks.
  10. Plumber111

Water Heater In-Line Pump

I use the same pump. Works fine. Good bang for the buck. Little rubber-flexible impeller and a spare with it. Sediment can clog it. Then you have to remove the 4 phillips head screws and clean it out. I hear good things and no problems from others in the business about the Liberty pump linked.
  11. Plumber111

Miscut Shower Pan Liner - Can I Patch?

You may be able to get one of these or a comparable locally for 2" I.D. pipe. http://www.cherneind.com/Mechanical_Plugs/Default.aspx
  12. Plumber111

Knew They Would Catch Some of Ya'll

Sooner or later....Gotcha! They were gettin' rich fast weren't they? http://triblocal.com/joliet/2012/02/22/three-men-charged-with-stealing-dozens-of-sewer-grates/
  13. Plumber111

Miscut Shower Pan Liner - Can I Patch?

It can be glued with the X-15 adhesive. Make sure that you water test the pan and put the glued part under water. I would recommend that you replace the whole pan though. Gonna' be under the tile and is the foundation of your waterproofing. Make sure to pre-slope. I've never seen a PVC pan...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks