Recent content by Pktaske

1. Pktaske

Water leak where city line comes into basement

The guy said the leak was in the pipe coming into the house (in the wall or close to the house on the outside).
  2. Pktaske

Water leak where city line comes into basement

So I have a slow but steady drip right at the point where the pipe enters the house. It's actually going right into the French drain. They want $2800 to excavate and repair and $1500 (optional) if i wanted to run a new pipe to the street. I've excavated a leaking well pump line in my other...
  3. Pktaske

Natural gas pressure - range not hot enough

If you use LP, you take out the brass 'nozzle' and flip it so the LP arrow is pointing in. Reverse for NG. Must adjust some kind of spring.
  4. Pktaske

pics of requirement and regulator they took out.
  5. Pktaske

Nothing. Performance got better than it was but I'm still not convinced. I'll do drop when I get the Tee. This is the old regulator they took out. What does 1/2 PSI mean? Max or required? That's like 14" right?
  6. Pktaske

Update: -I checked dryer and range line at cutoff valve. Removed flex hose. Both around 7". Pic. -Moved back to kitchen. Preheated Bake to 350. 9 min. Much quicker. -Burners higher but still look low to me. Someone said that's how the new ranges are designed. Pic. -Could have all my flipping...
  7. Pktaske

No idea. I'll be coming back here with my readings to ask. From what I understand, I need a reading with range off and range on (hence the need for the tee).
  8. Pktaske

Old oven had low flame. New oven had low flame. New oven had regulator replaced under warranty-still low flame. All fittings say NG. Question - would anyone recommend snaking the short run from the shut off valve to the tee to check for obstruction or water?
  9. Pktaske

Manometer and 'T' being delivered Thu.
  10. Pktaske

All great comments. I guess the first step is pressure testing at the water heater, range and dryer. Crazy thing, the house is on gas heat. 2 zone (basement and attic). 2900 sqft. Was perfectly warm during our winter home inspection. Those things need a whole lot more btu's than a range so...
  11. Pktaske

Just bought a new dent and scratch KitchenAide range. $2400 normally. New house had an old GE that we thought was 'worn out' (not a lot of juice in the output). New range took like 25 min to preheat to 325 and sometimes the oven burners took a while to ignite, if at all. Top burners also...
  12. Pktaske

Well Pressure Question with pics and video

I'm going to replace the tank today. Just one question - is it at all possible the short supply line to the pressure tank is blocked with sediment, effectively making the tank useless?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks