Recent content by pitless

1. pitless

$12,500 well question

I agree that there is probably a problem with your well. Either the casing is not sealed properly or there is a clay or shale seam in the rock that is causing the discolored water. The only we to see what is wrong is to use a downhole camera. One the problem is spotted then a solution such...
  2. pitless

Gauge problem?

Try a new switch. Buy one that is already set for 40-60. It will save you a lot of headache. Buy a Square D and then most anyone here can help you adjust it if needed.
  3. pitless

PEX for submersible?

From my experience with wells like this there is no problem. The water won't freeze. You may ask why is that. Water is most dense about about 7 degrees above freezing. When the water in the top of the well gets to that temperature is falls and is replaced by warmer water. I have opened...
  4. pitless

Pressure tank, CSV & pressure cutoff questions

To get back to one of the earlier questions. It will not hurt the pump to turn up the pressure of the water system. This is the same principal the cycle stop valve works on. No harm to the pump it it will make the pressure. You mentioned 50-80 psi. You should keep the differental to 20...
  5. pitless

Pump Question

It sounds as if your pump is plugged with rust. The passages may be filled and not able to pump enough head to pump when the water level drops. The other possibility is the impellers are broken. If the pump is plugged you can take it apart and clean it out. A welding rod with a slight bend...
  6. pitless

Sediment in Well water

Redevelopment can be a major undertaking depending on the water level, depth, casing size. The easiest way is to air lift the well. Sometime this is called blowing the well. The pump must be removed and a pipe is installed in the well. Air is then introduced in to the well through the...
  7. pitless

Winter Camp Water System

The body of the pitlessunit is 12" and has a connection to fit your well. I am from Nebraska and we are currently up to a balmy 20. The Pitless Control Modules have operated at -20 with out problems. I currently make up to 8' bury units. If the water table gets that high I would not...
  8. pitless

Galvanized pipe rusted...maybe?

I think it was State. They tried their glass lined tanks and they didn't work so thay tried galvanized and it didn't work. They must have been trying to get around Well-x-trol's patent on the plastic liner.
  9. pitless

Sediment in Well water

Keep it running. When it gets clear then set the flow so the pump will cycle. This will remove additional rust and sand. If the sand gets real bad then you may be able to shorten your drop pipe again. It is best to keep the pump above the screen if possible. If the sand gets real bad you...
  10. pitless

Winter Camp Water System

I make a pitless unit that is purfect for this use. The pressure tank and controls fit in the pitless unit. You can install a yard hydrant next to the well and install an underground stop and waste valve so you can drain the cabin. You will still have water at the yard hydrant year round...
  11. pitless

Design Help

An 1 1/4" line may supply 32 gpm if the line is short. Your restriction will be the 1" inch meter and 1" if the line to your house is short most of your restriction will be in the meter. Plan on you have about 10pgm. You should be able to have 5-6 sprinlkers per station. Make sure you...
  12. pitless

Getting more water now!

Keep pumping the well. The sand content should become less. If the sand content goes way down, stop and start the pump a few times. This is called development and the fine sand around the well is removed and the well capacity and life increases. If you have too much sand then you need a...
  13. pitless

Galvanized pipe rusted...maybe?

Give the guy a break. By the way they did make a galvanized bladder tank back in the seventies. The green sand filter work good. If you get one of them get what is called a pot feeder. You put the potassium in it and the filter regenerates like a water softener. I have used some of the...
  14. pitless

Loss of Water Pressure Every 30-45 Seconds

You need to determine what your pressure setting is. If the pressure switch has not been changed then you can read off of the switch cover. The pressure should be 2-5 psi below the pressure you pump starts to run at. It is unusual for the switch to be out of adjustment unless the plumber...
  15. pitless

Pump volume and pressure question

Rancher, Volume is the thickness of the impellers. Pressure is the result of more stages or impellers. djdixon1995 You need to be more specific. Do you get 5 gpm at 40 psi. Or do you start at 40 psi and then the pressure drops as you draw the water. Rancher is right in asking how...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks