Recent content by pirate

1. pirate

Fill valve small hose. In or out of overflow?

As said, the bowl flushes fine, either way. It's a 1.5 gpf toilet, which, with the tube outside the overflow, uses 1/2 gallon less per flush. I doubt I can find a reason able priced toilet, that uses less than 1 gpf.
  2. pirate

Fill valve small hose. In or out of overflow?

In our, new to us, house, one of the toilets, fill valve, small hose, was clipped so it didn't go down the overflow tube. I did some testing with flushes, with the tube in and out of the overflow. It flushes the same either way. I understand it is supposed to help with the flush, but our toilet...
  3. pirate

Toilet fill valve small hose position.

In our, new to us, house, one of the toilets, fill valve, small hose, was clipped so it didn't go down the overflow tube. I did some testing with flushes, with the tube in and out of the overflow. It flushes the same either way. Is there any reason to not leave it outside the overflow tube? I...
  4. pirate

Pex repipe options?

If the deal on a house we made an offer on goes thru, we will need to repipe it. It has polybutylene tubing in it now. I think we will have Pex put in. The pipes gos up into the attic and down to the fixtures. They will all be insulated. Just wondering if there are any things I should ask for...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks