Recent content by Pinerider

1. Pinerider

Diameter of supply line?

You have it backwards, Hans, the pressure is the same per diameter, flow rate increases with larger pipe. As pipe diameter increases, there is proportionately less of an increase in flow, because most of the losses in small pipe are friction losses. In small pipe, more of the percentage of...
  2. Pinerider

Sewer drains

Since your home is fairly new, I'd say one cleanout is for the storm drain (weeping tiles), the other for the sanitary drain. I haven't seen any house traps in recent homes in my area of Southern Ontario, but maybe Toronto was different in the 80's (I don't think they were) Unscrew the lids and...
  3. Pinerider

Orangeburg pipe safe to snake?

A good tv camera inspection should tell you where your pipe is and what kind it is. Around here it costs about $250 or so, but with a colour camera, you can usually differentiate pipe types. Orangeburg or bituminous fibre pipe will fold up on itself after about 30 years or so. Also, sometime...
  4. Pinerider

Rheem power vent 2 noisy?

We had a power vent heater installed after our old hot water heater kicked the bucket. It was so noisy we had the heater rental company come back and replace it with a direct vent heater - no noise at all. If your house interior isn't finished yet, you will notice noises more easily, but the...
  5. Pinerider

Pipe Fittings

But... on the other hand, I've had a Fernco coupling on my pool pump connection for 12 years, no problems.
  6. Pinerider

Cutting Cast Iron

I was recommending the angle grinder, not suggesting going out and buying a cut saw. They are basically the same thing, a rotating disk that cuts the pipe. Our Stihl saw is just a large version of an angle grinder.
  7. Pinerider

Cutting Cast Iron

If you're using an angle grinder, make sure you have room all the way around the pipe for it. I work in waterworks and we use Stihl quick cut saws all the time to cut cast iron. With underground piping, you need to make sure you can get the saw all the way around the pipe.(unless you have a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks