Recent content by Pickngrin

1. Pickngrin

Tie dehumidifier condensate pump into sink drain?

Thank you for the replies. I was wondering about installing it on the horizontal. Is that an acceptable method?
  2. Pickngrin

Tie dehumidifier condensate pump into sink drain?

Hi- I've had the tubing from my condensate pump (connected to my dehumidifier) draining into my utility sink for quite some time. I've recently had a few instances in which the tubing wound up out of the sink, on the floor. I'd like to tie into the sink drain to prevent this and to have a...
  3. Pickngrin

Removing sharp texture from wall

Thank you for this. I like the idea of trying to scrape first. It is not a lot of square footage, but I know that it will be a mess. The value of my time has changed as a function of the pandemic, but there are still other ways I would prefer to spend my time. Your comment about the 1/4"...
  4. Pickngrin

Thank you.
  5. Pickngrin

Hi- I've got very sharp texture (my wife once cut herself on it) on both sides of the stairs leading down to my basement. What would be a reasonable way for me to remove this? Wet it, scrape it off, and 1/4" drywall over it? Or drywall over it without scraping? Skim coat? Something else? It is a...
  6. Pickngrin

Replacing old pedestal sink - questions about p-trap

I just measured 5 inches from the edge of the threaded wall drain pipe to the center of the sink drain pipe.
  7. Pickngrin

Thank you for your reply. Perhaps I should not have specified brass -- I just want the appearance to be metal rather than PVC. I'm not sure I understand your question - do you mean horizontal or vertical distance?
  8. Pickngrin

Hi folks, I am replacing an old pedestal sink in our powder room (1921 house). The shutoff valves and p-trap were threaded. Fortunately, I was able to get them removed with little trouble. Unfortunately, one of the two valves I bought at HD was in the wrong box and I wound up with a 3/4" valve I...
  9. Pickngrin

Leak in downstairs ceiling due to clog in upstairs shower drain?

I'm resurrecting this thread because during very heavy rains and wind last night, I experienced leaking in the same exact place. This was only the second incident. It seems that water travels along the joist in that room. The shower appeared to have been a red herring. I've had pots on the floor...
  10. Pickngrin

Ducted and ductless mini split system installation cost - reasonable?

The rep. told me that a Manual J calculation was not required for mini splits unless the mini splits are the only source of heating for the home. Is that correct? The proposed equipment is 1 x AOU36RLXFZH outdoor system (20 SEER) 2 x ARU12RLF indoor ducted units 2 x ASU7RLF1 indoor units for...
  11. Pickngrin

Thanks for your response. The contractor is Papalia Plumbing & HVAC out of Acton. I do have a full basement and that is where they planned to install the ducted system. Unfortunately, the rebates no longer cover the ducted systems. I can do the 0% MassSave HEAT loan, but I am questioning whether...
  12. Pickngrin

Hello- I am looking at having a Fujitsu mini split system (A/C and heat pump) system installed in my old (1921) home (~ 1500 sq ft). Due to aesthetics and lack of open wall space on the first floor, a ducted (not ductless) mini split with 2 ducted units was recommended for the first floor, and...
  13. Pickngrin

I don't know if the shower stall is fiberglass or plastic. How could I check for flex around the drain? Remove the drain cover and visually inspect it? The shower head is not a pulsating type.
  14. Pickngrin

The someone was my girlfriend. There was no mess on the floor. I know because I was on my knees checking the drain for a clog.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks