Recent content by Philwgreen

1. Philwgreen

Uponor PEX - Kitchen Island - Sleeve or Insulation Needed?

Thanks for the replies. Will insulate before laying in the trench.
  2. Philwgreen

What’s the typical material for insulating? I’m picturing those foam or rubber tubes you can get at the box stores - but that seems like it would deteriorate in the concrete.
  3. Philwgreen

I just started on a kitchen remodel and I'm running 2" drain and hot and cold supply to a new island. The supply lines will come from the attic, into the wall on the far right side of the attached image. The end up where the drain is on the left. I've always used the Uponor PEX - but have yet...
  4. Philwgreen

Washing Machine Standpipe and Sink

Thanks everyone. I've added the cleanout.
  5. Philwgreen

It is being inspected which is why I wanted it as neat as possible! Is a street 45 ok on the vent section? Should it also be inverted - meaning the ‘street’ portion is facing the ceiling? Or should it face the floor?
  6. Philwgreen

In the middle of dry fitting everything together and ran across something I haven't dealt with before. The old ABS pipe was at a pretty severe angle from the bottom to top plate of the wall. I could either copy that angle and tie everything together or I could use two 45s where the old and new...
  7. Philwgreen

No problem! I appreciate the help!
  8. Philwgreen

I didn’t quite follow that...don’t I need the secondary vent when adding the washer?
  9. Philwgreen

Yes, I should’ve mentioned it’s a single story house on a slab. No upstairs or basement.
  10. Philwgreen

Getting ready to start a new laundry room project and wanted to make sure I was on the right track. The old laundry room had a single sink on one side of the room and the washer/dryer on the other. The idea now is to put the washer and dryer next to the sink. I'm attaching a picture of the...
  11. Philwgreen

Best Way to Attach Flange to Lead Riser

Will do. Soldering copper has never been an issue for me - but I've never soldered lead to brass before. Just afraid of melting the lead and then having a major issue with the lead riser in a slab.
  12. Philwgreen

Managed to chip away tile and thin set and got the brass flange to sit flush. It's not a deep flange so it currently only has about 1/4 overlap with the brass. I'll look for a deep flange. Is there anyway to avoid the soldering? Any other ways to seal it after peening over the brass?
  13. Philwgreen

Thanks for the quick reply. The soldering part scares me a little bit - I don't have any room for error.
  14. Philwgreen

Quick follow up. Would something like these work? https://www.ferguson.com/product/oatey-4-in-pvc-cast-iron-closet-flange-repair-o43539/_/R-345408 https://www.ferguson.com/product/oatey-twist-n-set-4-pvc-closet-flange-o43651/_/R-503791 If so, does anyone know of a version with a metal ring?
  15. Philwgreen

In the middle of a bathroom renovation. There is a lead riser with PVC closet bend below the slab that has been cut flush with the tile floor. However, the tile guys tiled directly up to the riser leaving no room to get the brass flange on. This is a lead riser in a concrete slab so removing...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks