Recent content by phillymaster

1. phillymaster

Converting to electronic ignition

i would like to convert my boiler to electronic ignition. can anyone recommend an online supplier? what would I need to purchase? my current setup is a weil mcclain gold boiler with a standing pilot and a thermocouple. thanks!
  2. phillymaster

Radiant question

We charge a lot to install it but it really doesn't cost us much at all to install. I feel like I'm saving a ton on my gas bill too. My boiler is almost always off on limit while the radiant heat is on. I yanked the rads on my first floor and put 3 zones in. I couldn't be happier. It works...
  3. phillymaster

Radiant question

cool. so what's the ideal temperature for pex with plates between joists? the floor boards are 7/8" pine. 120? what about in the back room where i have 3/4 plywood and 1/2 hardibacker, and then 1/4" tile? does that require hotter temps? thanks again!
  4. phillymaster

Radiant question

everything seems to work well. it's a pretty simple system. feels like it heats up evenly from above. i designed it but am teaching this stuff to myself right now so that's why i'm posting here to get some help. can you elaborate on any of what you wrote, or give some more recommendations...
  5. phillymaster

Radiant question

newbie here. i just put radiant heat on the my first floor and i love it. i put 3 zones in. two of them are less than 100 square feet, and one is about 500 square feet. my 2nd floor has old fashioned radiators, 3rd floor has nothing right now. anyways, the rooms warm up nice (and i haven't...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks