Recent content by Phillbo

1. Phillbo

My Toilet Flushes Twice

The flapper was saturated to the point that I had to hold the handle down until it completed the flush so I replaced it. Now when i flush it will flush and then the water is still rotating in the bowl fast enough to cause it to flush a second time. Not sure how to approach this. Will lowering...
  2. Phillbo

Pleated Filters?

Thanks guys. I've been using the ACE Hardware pleated filters for years and never had a filter related issue so i guess no reason to change....
  3. Phillbo

Pleated Filters?

Hello, I just had a new Heat Pump installed and the contractor told me not to use pleated filters but instead to buy the cheapest I can find as they flow better..... Any fact to this?
  4. Phillbo

Proper way to flush a Hot Water Heater..

Thank you. Is it critical to do a flush every year?
  5. Phillbo

Proper way to flush a Hot Water Heater..

Hello all. I had a new Electric Water Heater installed last year and the plumber that installed it recommend I flush it each year. Is there a right and wrong way to do this? Do I just turn off the water to it and let it drain or do I need to drain it with the water supply turned on still? Kill...
  6. Phillbo

Loose Toilet

Thanks for the advise!!! How do I know if a waxless seal will work and what is the benefit of using one?
  7. Phillbo

Loose Toilet

Hello all. My Toilet has a slight wobble to it. I've tightened the nuts but it did not help. I don't want to tighten them any more for fear of stripping them or breaking the base. Any advise? Do I need to remove it and replace the flange and wax ring? Any negatives to just leaving it alone...
  8. Phillbo

Valve Rebuild

Disregard. I did some research and have a diaphragm on it's way.
  9. Phillbo

Valve Rebuild

Can a valve like the one pictured be rebuilt? It was leaking so i tightened all the screws. That slowed down the leak to a drip. Is there a diaphragm or gasket that can be replaced to stop the leak? It's leaking where the upper and lower bodies mate. Thanks!
  10. Phillbo

Mixet Shower Temp Handle Difficult to Move

I thought about that and may give it a try. I'm also curious if there could be some calcium deposits in the pipe causing an issue?
  11. Phillbo

Mixet Shower Temp Handle Difficult to Move

The Temp Control Handle in my shower has become very difficult to move. I replaced the Mixet Cartridge and the condition still exist. It gets stiffer after the water heats up almost like something is swelling with the heat. Replacing the cartridge did not help. Any advice? Is there a grease...
  12. Phillbo

Mixet Shower Valve Issue

I'll try again. If you look at the picture. The temp control handle is pointing to the right of vertical. It can be moved to the left to the vertical position without any change in water temp. Once to the left of vertical it starts to change the temp. To me the install is as simple as taking...
  13. Phillbo

Mixet Shower Valve Issue

How can you install it incorrectly? As I said, if you look at the picture. the difference between where the handle sits and vertical is all slop. Not sure how more pictures can change that?
  14. Phillbo

Mixet Shower Valve Issue

Hi guys, thanks in advance for the great help I'm sure you will provide. My flow control and temp control handles were very difficult to turn and adjust so i replaced the Mixet Valve and not only does the issue still exist but now I have a lot of slop in the temp control handle. Where did i go...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks