Recent content by Pghsebring

1. Pghsebring

Sealant for threaded chrome plated 1-1/4 in brass tailpiece into tee

I wish I would have done this the first day, I had to go back and do this the second day. Those washers are useless at sealing. But the instructions don't call for any sealant there....I hate relying on sealant everywhere to prevent leaks.
  2. Pghsebring

Sealant for threaded chrome plated 1-1/4 in brass tailpiece into tee

Have a threaded chrome plated brass 1.25 tailpiece they sent as a replacement that goes into the bottom of a tee (side of tee is drain overflow pivot rod entrance). It says to use hydraulic mastic on instructions. What is your favorite sealant here? I am leaning towards teflon paste (oatey great...
  3. Pghsebring

Watts 3/4 PRV strainer plug socket size or special tool?

The picture Reach4 posted is exactly what it looks like (right side plug.) Unfortunately the 6 sided tool kit they posted won't work. The 1-1/4" socket was too big. The plug is 12 flats as shown in the picture, 1.24" side to side. The problem is the 12 point socket is sized so that the flats...
  4. Pghsebring

Watts 3/4 PRV strainer plug socket size or special tool?

I have a 3/4" Watts LFU5B PRV valve that has a strainer that is removed after the plug is removed. The strainer plug is 12 sided and measures 1.24" flat to flat but a 12 point 1 - 1/4" socket is not correct. Is there a specialized tool or anyone know off the top of their head (I don't own every...
  5. Pghsebring

Sewer line. Is this a professional repair

Cars don't get anywhere near it, its in the middle of the yard, on the house side of the sidewalk too. She didn't send me the important picture (the connection) just this:
  6. Pghsebring

She had to pay a plumber, this is what they found. Amazing. She has owned the house 3 years maybe so this was done at some point in the past, and somehow didn't clog til now, even without the roots. She was told her house has always had those buried power lines, I wondered myself if they had...
  7. Pghsebring

I apologize that black flexible sprinkler line is running across the picture. In the top picture, towards the street/sewer is "up." You can see the top of a white 4" PVC pipe that goes to the inside of a black donut, the black donut is supposed to be surrounded by a clay pipe bell but only a...
  8. Pghsebring

I would love to know how this was allowed. It had been "repaired" previously...by laying a piece of plastic over the broken clay part, then throwing the clay parts in the backfill as it was covered up. My other questions, is the clay pipe, which is owned by the city, usually the cities...
  9. Pghsebring

Hydrotech 4000,What should I replace here

That ABS to PVC cement says its not for pressurized connections which is why I didn't try to use it. I'll probably strap it like you said after I glue it and let it sit for a good long time. I just wanted to make sure I shouldn't change some other stuff out preventively while I have it apart.
  10. Pghsebring

Hydrotech 4000,What should I replace here

Here is the setup at a house I own. I'm not 100% sure of the names of the different parts. The indexing valve was leaking. No problem, I got the same k-rain 4000 with a 3 zone cam in it. Ironically the problem I'm having is when I went to install that schedule 80 PVC into the indexing valve...
  11. Pghsebring

Black water, then black flakes from supplies

The issue was the pressure regulating valves - there are two of them per apartment (hot and cold), and there are diaphragms in them that I guess deteriorate over time. The lifespan seems to be 5-15 years. Hot was 3/4" and cold was 1." The hot was the source of the whistling noise.
  12. Pghsebring

Black water, then black flakes from supplies

I live in a 30 story condo building that was built in 1997, about half way up. The boilers are on the roof fwiw, and we have communal (city) water that is not individually heated or metered. It seems the supplies are copper, at least where they come out of the walls in our apartment. I did...
  13. Pghsebring

Low flange, which option

Right but the new tile floor is flat here, its just the old recessed flange that isnt level, no rocking problem with this toilet
  14. Pghsebring

Low flange, which option

This toilet doesnt need shimmed The double wax ring thing should work. I saw that Danco but Im not a big fan of its design so I passed on it Thanks for answering so quickly
  15. Pghsebring

Low flange, which option

Got an old cast iron flange here, when they remodeled the flange ended up low, and the flange isnt exactly level left to right either. Pipe looks to be 4”. Tried the extra large wax ring, it doesnt compress, its probably the perfect height to just barely touch bottom of toilet, so id need a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks