Recent content by Penelope

1. Penelope

Tape or Dope on Old Propane Stove Connection

It has a new thermocouple and regulator, but I would be interested to know what an old stove might not meet, in terms of code. My understanding is that if there is an appliance in place, it's sort of grandfathered in, so to speak. This is not new construction, and the stove has always been...
  2. Penelope

Well I suspect that under extreme cooking conditions the plastic coating could get hot and melt off. Which would be a nasty mess. I'm sure I "CAN" connect a flex line as-is, and I'm sure it would "work" just fine, probably for a pretty long time, but this doesn't necessarily mean it's the best...
  3. Penelope

Why would an inspector not pass a stove if it's connected and vented properly? Almost everyone in my area has an old stove like this because there's no natural gas and no serious cook would ever consider electric. Plus the vintage stoves are correct for the period of the older homes that were...
  4. Penelope

NORITZ Tankless Heater--water temp fluctuation

Interesting. Thanks Lifespeed! This does seem to happen when I turn the water for a few second while shaving my legs, or the faucet isn't on all that high. Does anyone know if a tankless water heater like this heats ALL the water that passes through it, or is it possible that the system...
  5. Penelope

Interesting. Thanks Lifespeed! This does seem to happen when I turn the water for a few second while shaving my legs, or the faucet isn't on all that high. Does anyone know if a tankless water heater like this heats ALL the water that passes through it, or is it possible that the system...
  6. Penelope

No offense intended, just surprised is all. I don't have an exploded drawing of this stove so am a little unsure what the manufacturer intended... it could have been modified in the past 70 years. Not to mention that those cute yellow lines (some kind of plastic coating, no?) weren't around...
  7. Penelope

So you guys actually have a flex line running underneath the burners like this? Seems like this is pretty sketchy compared to the durability of 3/4" black pipe. I think I'll make a leg with two ~10" pieces of pipe and a 90, attach this to the connection you see in the picture and then use my...
  8. Penelope

I also have a Noritz NR-981 Outdoor. Dedicated 1" propane line running to the unit. I also get temperature variations at both the shower and the kitchen sink. Kitchen sink is close to the unit, shower is on the other side of the house. The water will go totally cold for about 1 minute, then...
  9. Penelope

Hmmm... I have some USA made PTFE tape rated to 550 degrees; Rectorseal 5 is only good to 400. I thought about using a high-temperature thread sealant from someone like Permatex, but I've never used anything like this for gas lines.
  10. Penelope

Thanks Smooky, but those links did not answer my question. :confused:
  11. Penelope

Thought an image might inspire someone...
  12. Penelope

Crack PVC Drain Stack

Hi Paul, You have ABS, not PVC pipes. Replacing the cracked parts are the only way to fix your problem properly. If you're in the need for a quick "fix" then you might have luck thoroughly cleaning around the crack with a wire brush and soapy water (get all that white gunk off), rinse, let...
  13. Penelope

Hi all, I'm new to this forum but have been visiting for quite a while. Here's my first question: I have an old propane stove and would like some advice on connecting it. The line to connect the stove sits horizontally UNDER the burners, about 10" from the back of the stove, and it is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks