Recent content by peltaz

1. peltaz

bathroom fixture shutoff question

Got it. Thanks to you both.
  2. peltaz

Thanks for the reply. So you are saying replace the male 3/8 threaded portion of the shutoff with 1/2 using the sleeve puller? Where do I find the 1/2 threaded portion if that is the case. Or, are you saying just replace the whole shutoff itself with a 1/2?
  3. peltaz

In my bathroom I have 3/8 quarter turn shutoffs attached to Wirsbo pex all set for a sink. I have a kiddie pedestal sink with kiddie faucet to install. The faucet comes with 1/2" braided supply lines that are threaded directly into the faucet on one end and are 1/2" FIP on the other end. My...
  4. peltaz

house main shutoff

Thanks very much. It pained me to think of having another gate valve because code required it.
  5. peltaz

house main shutoff

The main shutoff on my house needs to be replaced. It is an old gate valve. Under code can I replace it with a ball valve or is it rrequired to be a full-bore gate valve? Thanks as always.
  6. peltaz

PEX and hotwater heater

expansion tank What is an expansion tank and how would it be used in this instance?
  7. peltaz

pex repipe

My house is old galvanized pipe which I am considering having repiped using Wirsbo pex. In the course of getting a couple of estimates I forgot to ask a question I have been wondering about. My house has updated electrical with 2 grounding rods from the main panel although the house is...
  8. peltaz

Bonding/grounding and PEX

Thanks. I have filed you away for my future engineering questions for you may have noticed that I am not one.
  9. peltaz

Let's say that one foot of galvanized pipe in a galvanized plumbing system is removed. The previous system was bonded through the water service entrance. Once that one foot of galvanized pipe is removed the system is no longer bonded. Isn't the solution as simple as running a jumper to bridge...
  10. peltaz

I have been reading some of the posts about grounding after installing pex. If an existing galvanized system were grounded to the cold water main where it enters the house couldn't the old galvanized conceivably remain grounded via a jumper? If the old galvanized system were left in place and...
  11. peltaz

pex insulation

Thanks. Something to think about.
  12. peltaz

pex insulation

We get a couple of freezing days a year. Sometimes in the 20s for a few hours.
  13. peltaz

pex insulation

I haven't really thought of this but just read about it on this forum. I have Wirsbo Pex running through an uninsulated crawlspace in southern AZ. Is it worth insulating the supply lines running through there?
  14. peltaz

draining supply lines

Thanks for the replies.
  15. peltaz

draining supply lines

After shutting off the water, how do you completely drain the supply lines of a one story house? There really are no faucets or spigots that are significantly lower in elevation than the others. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks