Recent content by Pechan

1. Pechan

Toilet Cleanout setup.

Thanks for the replys, that is what I was thinking. This is going under a slab on grade that is the reason for the long dead end. I will go with the option of using the toilet for the cleanout. Thanks.
  2. Pechan

Toilet Cleanout setup.

Hi I would like some input on this Clean-out for my Toilet. I am concerned with the long horizontal with nothing to wash it out. All PVC is 4 inch save for the vent which is 3 inch. all sloped 1/4 per foot. Forgive me for my MS Paint skills. Thanks for your reply's.
  3. Pechan

Correct P-Trap From ShowerTub?

New solution Lets try this another way. I'm not sure if I can use the 1.5" Wye like this (see pic) As I have it there is exactly 3 inches from the wier to the vent inlet, so I should meet code there... In the pic the Wye is traveling a little bit up hill but I can get it to slope downward...
  4. Pechan

Newbie Question about slip joints.

I have seen some p traps that have a threaded swivel 90 attached to them, obviously it works, but wont standing water leak through after some time? I also saw this picture in another thread and it looks like the slip joint is at the same level or slightly below the 90 after the p trap is...
  5. Pechan

Sorry I forgot to draw a tee after the p-trap. That is what I am using to make the fitting.
  6. Pechan

Avoid S Trap How does this look? Please see attached image
  7. Pechan

Thanks for all the replies. Adding a longer tail piece from the overflow would push my p-trap below the joists. I am trying to add a vent between the p-trap and the where the pipe dips down into the WYE. Lets hope I have room. thanks Edit: Can I add a Tee instead of a 90 after the P-trap and...
  8. Pechan

Additional info: Plumbing stack is about 20 inches from the Wye. I'm not sure how an offset drain and overflow would help me, is there no way to do this without dropping below the joists? thanks!
  9. Pechan

Thanks Terry for the quick reply, unfortunately I have to drop about 2 inches in such a small space. I'm kinda stumped on this one..
  10. Pechan

Correct P-Trap From ShowerTub? *UPDATED with Proposed Diagram* Hey guys, Got hammered by the plumbing inspector today, he is making me fix the previous owners mistakes :mad: I needed to fix a p-trap on my showertub and was wondering if this was the correct way to do it?\ Please see...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks