Recent content by PDBS

1. PDBS

Quality seat for round Drake

Thanks Terry. If you haven't run across any changes or quality problems then I will give the softclose seats a shot. You certainly were spot on about the toilets! -PDBS
  2. PDBS

Thanks Gary. Just getting a couple of softclose seats was my gut instinct, but comments in this thread make me wonder if there has been a recent design change in the softclose seat that makes them more likely to break down. That being said, any seat that doesn't look stained and worn after a...
  3. PDBS

Hello all, We've been happily using two round Drakes (Cotton & S. Beige) for several years now thanks to this site. One problem that I've had is that the big box store Bemis toilet seats that I swapped off of our old toilets are really looking shabby after a few years and I am looking for a...
  4. PDBS

What caulk to use for plumbing penetrations?

Thank you all! Of all the searching that I did about info on caulking plumbing penetrations, I never once found any info about fireproof caulk. This article agrees with the advice here, which says I should be using ASTM-E136 standard fireproof caulk with foam-rubber backer rod for larger...
  5. PDBS

What caulk to use for plumbing penetrations?

I have forced hot water heat, and I want to seal up the gaps where the hot water lines penetrate the basement ceiling/first story floor. I figured that I would use Great Stuff expanding foam. Their web site states that "Foam is flammable until cured", but the can says "Cured foam is...
  6. PDBS

Watts Series 800M4QT Anti-Siphon Pressure Vacuum Breaker Cap Leaking

hj, Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I tried a few different things and finally figured out why the vent float was not making a water-tight seal against the bonnet. Basically, when I turned the water on, the vent float was not gliding smoothly along the vent spring due to...
  7. PDBS

Watts Series 800M4QT Anti-Siphon Pressure Vacuum Breaker Cap Leaking

This must be contagious.... I have a 6+ year old 3/4" 800M4FR and during my spring startup I also found that I have water leaking out of the cap when I turned the water on. I'd like to tackle this myself before I resort to making a service call with an irrigation company, since I might...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks