Recent content by patsingleton

1. patsingleton

Cleaning out a drum trap

the trap The outlet that is a cast part of the trap curves up 90 degrees, and then, just above the level of the cap, curves out again. Those curves are part of the trap casting. The outlet is high enough that if I ran water with the cap off, even with the drain completely clear, it would...
  2. patsingleton

Cleaning out a drum trap

thanks I can't run water while snaking -- the outlet for the drum curves up. I'm going to snake some more. It's clear I'm on the right track.
  3. patsingleton

Cleaning out a drum trap

Got the cap off; got it back on I got the cap off. I have a hand-crank snake that I've used for other drains, and I got small clumps of stuff out. Picasso must have built the drain -- I put nearly 4 feet of the snake in, going from the trap toward the stack, and it feels as though it's all...
  4. patsingleton

Cleaning out a drum trap

thanks I'll try the hammer and chisel on the cap. Getting the cap off, cleaning out the hair and putting a cap back on is at my skill level. Replacing the trap is way beyond me, and would involve opening up much more of the floor. thanks again.
  5. patsingleton

Cleaning out a drum trap

Our old house has a drum trap on the tub and it's flowing extremely slowly. I've snaked into the trap, but can't get it clear. I've also tried the enzymatic drain liquids, but they haven't help either. The next step seems to be to get in the drum and clear it out by hand. I have access to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks