Recent content by Pan

1. Pan

vessel sink- what else to get ? faucet type ?

I am looking at getting this sink. it does not have an overflow hole. Will this cause a problem with slow draining as I have been reading or is this remediable with some other parts installed ? I am also looking for a specific type of faucet, is there any requirement for specific type of...
  2. Pan

Backwater valve installation. Please advise

one last question...Found a person to do the job, but I figured I will go with just a regular backwater valve mainly because I am tired of getting vague answers when I ask about a combination valve. I want to be able to trust my plumber and once I gt vague answers my trust flys out the...
  3. Pan

what about this one ?

Ofcourse I am going to get a plumber... I may be looking into this way more than you think is necessary, but I need to understand what is being done and if I am getting the best possible solution. You have helpoed a great deal. As some of you have agreed before, just getting a plumber to give...
  4. Pan

double check valve same as backwater valve ?

Will do- different forums have different rules if it is a seperate question- inspite of it beingl the same problem, but a seperate concept, they tend to wnat to see it in a different thread. But I will just post to the original thread from now on.
  5. Pan

An alarm for impending backwater situation ?

After Master plumber mark spoke of a combination gate valve and flap valve. I went looking for such a beast and hit a motherload of information! http://www.jrsmith.com/products/backw/backwater_index.htm They have this thing called a "Sentinel alarm system" which goes off if there is a...
  6. Pan

Good Plumber recommendations please

I think I will let the company do all of it. I am watching this thread like a hawk- any recommendations ? anyone ? I have since learnt that not all plumbing shops do this kind of work becaue it involves digging and that there are some that specialize in this.
  7. Pan

what about this one ?

I saw that, the problem is that this is going to be installed in the yard, there is no electrical connection there. Since the battery is for backup only I assume that normal operation will require a line power source.
  8. Pan

what about this one ?

Good point about the power. I did not realize it actually needed a electrical hookup to work! I thought some kind of battery operated thing... I looked again- it does look like they want it hooked up to a power supply. I was wondering if anyone had used it at all. Simple is good! CONTROL...
  9. Pan

what about this one ?

Is this a good substitute for a regular check valve ? http://www.petersonvalve.com/backflow/photos.htm
  10. Pan

Thanks Redwood, I did think of that, but I think they are mainly doing supply type thing right now. I was hoping to get someone that does this sort of thing routinely and I dont have to run around in circles trying to figure out what went wrong! Maybe I will give them a call. Hopefully...
  11. Pan

double check valve same as backwater valve ?

I just spoke to a plumbing company to install a BWV and she said you mean a backflow valve or a doublecheck valve.... I told her it goes on the sewer line, she said the doublecheck valve is also the same thing. I am not sure they are the same thing- the double check valves seem to be on the...
  12. Pan

Hello again, I apologize in advance if I am breaking forum etiquette by asking for a recommendation for a good journeyman plumber in the Seattle/Redmond area, who installs backwater valves. How long would something like that take ? Do I need to hire someone to do the digging or will the tend...
  13. Pan

Redwood, I looked at the cleancheck and they say this on their website Can the Clean Check Extendable backwater valve be used as a cleanout? A No! Anytime a sewer snake passes through a backwater valve damage can occur to the valve flapper or the finished seating...
  14. Pan

OK, I talked to the city plumbing inspector... and he essentially said the same thing all of you have said. That the A location is the best for the thing, but that if it were him he would install it outside the house. I am thrilled to have a solution and am off to find someone to do it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks