Recent content by packardv8

1. packardv8

How many years would you guarantee a Sharkbite fitting install??

On another thread, a pro maintenance plumber says he always uses Sharkbite for repairs and they'll last as long as copper fitting repairs. While I'm old school enough to wonder about that, what say you other pros? What does Sharkbite claim? jack vines
  2. packardv8

What's better than a Bradford White dual outlet (radiant and domestic) gas heater?

The Bradford White dual outlet heater served well for fifteen years before the tank began leaking. This is a 65gal dual outlet; top outlets are traditional domestic. Side outlets serve the radiant heat in a sun room floor./ Since BW doesn't sell to DIY, what's the best alternative? Not...
  3. packardv8

Actual costs for Bradford White water heaters?

Yes, Terry, I agree. Most homeowners shouldn't be installing gas water heaters. However, I wish I'd taken a photo of the professional licensed plumber installation I'll be replacing. The inlet needed a brass union between the ball valve and the tank. I realize unions are a PITA to measure...
  4. packardv8

Actual costs for Bradford White water heaters?

I've used Bradford White water heaters for many years and believe them to be a reasonably good product. However, their secrecy in pricing makes it difficult to compare potential installations. Any suggestions as to how to where to find actual costs and average retail-to-customer markups? The...
  5. packardv8

Gas water heater exhaust roar - some louder than others?

Neither did I until I replaced the BW and noticed how much louder the Whirlpool was. In most newer homes, the water heater is locked away in a closet far from the living space. In both these older homes, the exhaust noise is/would be audible. jack vines
  6. packardv8

Gas water heater exhaust roar - some louder than others?

Our Bradford-White 65gal CombiCore heater failed a pinhole leak in the bottom of the tank and I had to temporarily install a 55gal Whirlpool while the B-W was being ordered. In the same position, on the same exhaust ducting, the Whirlpool burner exhaust is noticeably louder than the B-W...
  7. packardv8

Bradford White CombiCore - would you do it again?

Hi, Terry, Thanks for the reply. AFAIK, the CombiCore only comes in 65gal and 85gal. The 65gal has been OK for our use. Also, the space is right for the 22" unit. If BW has indeed gone to a power PVC vent, that does change things. Could it still be vented into the chimney? When I upgraded...
  8. packardv8

Bradford White CombiCore - would you do it again?

Thanks to Terry Love and all the pros here who share their hard-won wisdom. It's the one place facts can be found. Based upon what I've been reading here, it seems we've gotten exceptional service from our 65 gal Bradford White CombiCore domestic/radian combination water heater. It's lasted...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks