Recent content by pachai

1. P

Removing Boiler Plug from a Steam Boiler

Getting plug out Well, it's been a year since this post, and now I have the same question, so I am wondering how this turned out for you? (I'm expecting I just need to wait until the end of the season, when I can work on it for a week or two :-) Thanks
  2. P

recessed radiator

Painting radiator PS, I was debating whether to paint the radiator before installing...and a friend convinced me...I googled, and learned, basically that oil-based paint is adequate, but that it needs time to cure (even beyond drying time). If used with steam before curing is done, the...
  3. P

recessed radiator

It's the plumber, I've come to fix the....radiator! I just wanted to share the update, thanks for your help... On Sunday and Monday, I managed to get all my ducks lined up (broken away enough wall, bought all the fittings... and on Monday at about 9:00pm I turned on the radiator for...
  4. P

recessed radiator

radiator drawings Thanks. I had a chance to draw 3 options. The vertical pipe with the tapered end is existing, all others are proposed. The color scheme might not render correctly on all computers. All horizontal pipes are level only for simplicity in drawing. They really will be on...
  5. P

recessed radiator

Radiators, joists, and studs, oh my! HJ, Thanks. Now I have the next issue...or two I bought the radiator, 13" x 20" recessed...and I got a valve, vent, plug, tee, cap, and a "run" of nipples (A plumber friend told me about this....All the nipples available from 2" to 6" in 1/2"...
  6. P

recessed radiator

Greetings, working on phase 1 of a "bath" project I mentioned before, and I have some questions I would "love" to bounce off you... I demolished a couple closets, now I am getting ready to move the radiator that was between them. I traced the pipe. Appears to be 1.25". Big old Cast-iron...
  7. P

Add master "bath"

clarification Thanks. You are right, It seems to be 14". So, to clarify, I have a bathroom, and I have a master BR. I would like to make a master bathroom on the other side of the wall from the existing toilet & bathtub. I had this idea, maybe too complex..to save space in the...
  8. P

Add master "bath"

Greetings. This forum looks great. Looking for advice on the _beginning_ of an idea. I have a large master bedroom, so I am considering taking a corner and making a "master bathroom". The main stack is on the wall where this would go. Ideally, it would really be just a corner. It's...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks