Recent content by Pabs

1. Pabs

window well drain ...how to tie into with existing drain

hey all I'm installing a window well and will run a pipe down to the existing drain tile... few questions should I tie in directly or leave the pipe just above the existing drain tile (in the drainage field) if I do I tie with a T.. what's the best option? pretty sure I have that black ridged...
  2. Pabs

toilet flange below top of floor

Hi all I just finished taking the tile off the bathroom floor in order to get it ready for the new tile (and heating cables)! the toilet flange is sitting on top of the plywood right now and in decent shape... some water must have leaked since the wood is discolored just a tad around the...
  3. Pabs

is this legal?

hey Terry finally got to the dry fit of all my pipes... got his hooked up for the WC drain and vent it was a bit of a challenge getting the vent in but I think I got it one regarding the vent...am I OK with the the of connector showing in my pic? The Y is going in the opposite...
  4. Pabs

is this legal?

It's because of the all the colors eh? I put the EH in there just to confirm I live in Canada :) oh... I think I know what you mean. actually I just drew it like that, I will use a wye and a 45 to go up through the ceiling... next time I'll proof my drawings a little better....that's what...
  5. Pabs

is this legal?

gotcha...so even if I only dropped 1/4 of an inch of 6 feet or so that would be ok? I'm trying to minimize the size of the bulk head...small bathroom so adding a huge bulk head will look funny. the vent for the WC needs to be 2" correct?
  6. Pabs

is this legal?

ok, thanks to all your tip... I think this is my final layout! ...you be the judges! check this out the blue lines represent the parts that are vented. yellow is where the water shall flow... all pipes are 2" withe the exception of the vent for the washer and the p trap and trap arm...
  7. Pabs

is this legal?

yes it is a sink . what do you mean when you say that I could wet vent the water closet with the sink?
  8. Pabs

is this legal?

hey dcelite I could bring the vent up the inside wall then out the top and make a bulk head to contain the vent until get back to the wall on the other side i guess so that would mean I could tie in my 2" drain for the washer/sink anywhere at that point (after ny vertical vent) if I...
  9. Pabs

is this legal?

thanks for all the help this far guys...this site is great! ok...so how's this for my final plan... I hope ;) for the new vent for the toilet... can I tie that in to my 2 inch vent I'm using for the sink and washer? otherwise I can go separate out the house... but rather only poke one...
  10. Pabs

is this legal?

makes sense about running separate lines to the stack. a little more work but not that much really. the 2 (actually only 1 1/2) line was never intended as a vent. that reno was done by the previous owner. he's botched pretty much everything he's ever touched in that house..incredible...
  11. Pabs

is this legal?

quick question can you hook into the line from the toilet before it reaches the main stack? here's a quick diagram showing the way it was hooked up. ideally I would hook up like this again. the branch from the sink/washer is a y connector on TOP of the 3 inch line, not on the side...
  12. Pabs

washerpan or drain

cool, will do... that and I'll change the hoses every now and again... get them before they fail! thanks
  13. Pabs

washer vent, is this ok?

hey all. thanks for the many tips! In the end I will go the overkill road.. that way I won't worry about it, plus I have the spare pipe (left overs from my Buddie's last reno) one quick last question regading this set up... I bought a washer outlet box (2 valves and and an intake for the...
  14. Pabs

washerpan or drain

in my bathroom reno, I'm putting in my washer dryer (stacked) over tiled floor. for added safety do you guys recommend adding a drain on the floor or a washer pan? and, how is this tied in to the existing plumbing? can you hook that up the same as a sink or do you just run a line to...
  15. Pabs

closet flange to closet elbow distance

funny...I would have figured the contrary... the one on the right it is then! thanks!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks